Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Hi everybody,

i've just released an update to WRT (version 1.3.1.0). Here's what's changed:

- If Windows Repair AIO was selected to run as part of the Unattended Fix, during its repair number 5 a message box from WRT would prompt. That problem has been solved.

- In some parts of Unattended Fix the main Window of WRT would became irresponsive for a few seconds. That no longer happens and the process runs now more fluidly.

- Placed back the tooltip of “PatchMyPC” button (it was missing).

- Corrected the wording in “Serv.Repair” tooltip (the word “repair” was repeated).

- Placed back the info icon in the “Malware Removal” Tab (I removed it by mistake in the last update).

- Added an informational message that will show up when “sfc /scannow” button is clicked under Windows XP.

Thanks!
Good work AlexCa
This is the message I got after downloading and trying to open windows tool box  (portable version)

[attachment=1100]
(05-12-2016, 03:30 AM)Double clutch Wrote: [ -> ]This is the message I got after downloading and trying to open windows tool box  (portable version)

Hi, that's a false positive, already reported to Microsoft.

Please update Windows Defender and try again.

At the time of this writing, these are the most current Windows Defender definitions (click the arrow near the "Help", and then in "About"):

Antimalware Client Version: 4.8.10240.16384
Engine Version: 1.1.12706.0
Antivirus definition: 1.219.1581.0
Antispyware definition: 1.219.1581.0
Network Inspection System Engine Version: 2.1.12706.0
Network Inspection System Definition Version: 116.1.0.0
I tried it again Alexca and every thing is good. Thank you
Hi all,

I've just released version 1.3.1.1:

- FRST was not being saved to the location selected by the user. That bug as been fixed.
- Added to the tooltips of Complete Internet Repair and NetAdapter Repair All-In-One buttons, the information that Windows Repair Toolbox will attempt to repair the internet connection by itself if it isn't possible to download those tools.
- Added a tooltip to GPU-Z button (it was missing).
- Updated 7-Zip components to version 16.02.

As a side note, i also moved WRT from my retro-games website to its own separated host.

Thanks!
Good job as usual Alex.
Hi,

Version 1.3.1.2 is now available, it solves a problem with the CPU temperature monitor.

Version 1.3.1.2:

- Fixed a problem with the CPU temperature monitor, that affected versions 1.1.0.0 and later. The problem was that the CPU temperature value wasn't getting updated /refreshed (it was displaying the correct temperature value at WRT startup, but the value wasn't being updated afterwards).

Thanks.
rrroasted!
Hi all,

version 1.4.0.0 is now online.

Version 1.4.0.0:

- Added the ability to add custom tools to Windows Repair Toolbox (in the new tab "Custom Tools").

- If the unattended fix process gets unexpectedly interrupted (that will happen, for instance, when one of the malware removal tools forces a reboot in order to remove some infection, or due to malware reaction to some tool), the next time Windows Repair Toolbox starts you'll be informed about what was the tool running when it happened, so that you can continue the unattended fix process from that point forward.

- Windows Repair All-in-One logs will now also be attached to the final "Unattended_Fix_Logs.zip". A bug that was preventing TDSS Killer logs to be attached has also been fixed.

- In the "Settings" tab there's now an option to display the CPU temperature information in Fahrenheit (°F).

- Replaced the great but long time discontinued JavaRa for the official Java Uninstall Tool.

Side notes:
- the new functionality that allows adding tools to WRT involves editing a .xml file using Notepad++. I've tried to make the instructions as clear as i could, but please let me know if it's confusing, or if there's anything i should do to make them more easily understandable. Any question, just let me now and i'll be happy to help.

- I'm aware that, unfortunately, Snappy Driver Installer has been discontinued. I decided to keep it since that's a very recent event and for sure many people will continue to use it anyway.

Any questions, suggestions or bug reports, please let me know.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38