Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
I would wait on Malwarebytes version 6  is release I was having bsod with version 5

what I did is to report the  bsod to malwarebytes I was send version 6 which I am currently using no problem

I would get a error something like that  with malwarebytes on startup with version 5
Agree with you there Compton. I uninstalled it because I had a few BSOD's while working on some important business stuff. So I am just gonna wait till they fix everything before installing it again.
I would report it Larry to help them fix it
(12-30-2016, 10:31 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Just throwing this out there... MBAM has been releasing many updates since these issues with it started...

Tim, is WRT asking if you want to download a new version of MBAM when you select it? I use the portable version and it usually asks every time I select a program that I have already downloaded to my USB.

Yes WRT will always ask if you want to download another copy if a copy has been downloaded previously.
Hi guys, i was finally able reproduce the error.

Solution: before running ADWCleaner and JRT, right-click in MBAM icon in the notification area and select "Quit Malwarebytes".
Disabling real-time protection won't help.

I wasn't able to reproduce it before because it won't happen in a system were the trial has already expired at the time MBAM is re-installed.

Observations:
- It doesn't matter if MBAM is downloaded through WRT or through a browser;

- The error is related with the location from were WRT is executed (for instance if you execute it from C:\ or the Program Files folder, MBAM won't prevent ADWCleaner and JRT from running ), so this seems to be some protection feature from MBAM that is activated even if the real-time protection is off. Also, from what i tested so far, only ADWCleaner and JRT are affected;

- There's no need to quit MBAM if ADWCleaner and JRT aren't executed through WRT.

Once again, thank you Tim for the heads up.
Thanks Alex I will disable MBam as suggested next time and see how it goes. Happy New Year!
Hello everyone,

I've just released version 1.8.0.0 of Windows Repair Toolbox:

- The “Disk” label now has a tooltip that shows additional information about the system drive, as shown bellow:

[Image: print1.jpg]

- The “Disk” label will also let you know if the drive is SSD:

[Image: print5.jpg]

- A SMART warning will be displayed if the system drive fails a basic health check (this is the same check that is performed by GsmartControl and it’s also based on smartmontools). Very important: the absence of the warning doesn’t mean that the hard drive is ok, it is just a basic test.

[Image: print2.jpg]

- Besides the Windows install date, WRT will now also present the system boot time.

- Added to “Branding” settings: password protection; hide the “About” tab option.

[Image: print4.jpg]

- Under “Backup and Recovery”: replaced TestDisk with DMDE; replaced Puran File Recovery with LicenseCrawler.

- Portable version: In the initial license window, you no longer need to hover and mouse-click the "Accept" and "Decline" buttons. Now you can just press the “Enter” key to accept and continue or “Esc” to decline and exit.

-Rkill would terminate Windows Repair Toolbox process if you renamed “Windows_Repair_Toolbox.exe” executable to something else (e.g., “My_ Repairs.exe”). That will no longer happen. This makes it easier for you to rename “Windows_Repair_Toolbox.exe” executable, and change its icon, if you want to do so.

- Added a tooltip to the “Refresh” button in the Notes tab.

- Several other minor fixes and improvements.

As usual, any questions, suggestions or bug reports, please let me know.

Thank you!
Nice Work Alex! It is coming along nicely Smile
Nice changes Alex. I oersonally would like to see HitmanPro be implimented back into the Malware Removal tab. I know you can add it with custom tools but I feel that Hitman is a very powerful tool when it comes to removing malware and would help first time users of WRT to get maximum results.. Maybe replace Microsoft Security Scanner with Hitman? Just my opinion.
@RECdevicehelper
Thank you!

@Tim
Yes, i also think that Hitman is a great tool. The reason i replaced it with Zemana (that i also think its a great tool), is that the removal of malware in Hitman is not free, whereas Zemana offers free detection and removal. To remove malware for free with Hitman, the user needs to register an email in order to activate a 30 day trial (so if the computer gets re-infected after that trial period, a paid license will be required).

Tim, if possible can i ask you to please check if the link labels in the "Custom" tab look aligned in your 2560 X 1440 monitor? In the tutorial video you made awhile ago, they look unaligned, so i tried to fix that problem in this version, but i have no way to test it. Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38