Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(08-15-2017, 10:44 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2017, 03:59 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2017, 03:02 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log results Alex from one that takes a really long time to load.
Windows 10 64bit
HP AIO Pavilion 23-q128

Many thanks Tim! Smile

Another contributor that is also using the test version, submitted me a log containing 17 readings. In 2 of them the SMART reader also took a big amount of time to start (784 seconds in one, and 320 seconds on another). Your logs corroborate that. I'm currently working on that issue.

Ps: the "Check for program updates" section can be ignored because it also counts the seconds taken to click "Yes or "No" in the message box that asks if the user wants to update the program (the other readings from when that message box still wasn't shown - because there was no new version at the time - , the times are good).

Gotcha! Well I'm only running the test version when I notice long loading times. Looks like WRT is hanging sometimes when checking SMART. Question is why is it only on certain computers?

Hello Tim,

I've sent you a PM with a couple of troubleshooting steps for you, if possible, to perform in one of the affected computers.

Once again, many thanks!
Hi all,

I've updated WRT to version 1.9.1.1:

- Fixed one circumstance that would cause Windows Repair Toolbox to hang in the initial loading screen for several minutes, in some machines. Thanks to @Timster for reporting this issue and help troubleshooting, and to the user Greg for also help troubleshooting.

- Fixed: if the temperature monitor was disabled from the settings tab while the red indicator was active, that "red dot" would continue visible in the panel instead of disappearing.

- Added: When the temperature monitor is disabled from the settings or is unavailable, now the word "Unavailable" will appear in front of "TEMP:"

- Some other internal improvements.

As always, your feedback is welcome.
Thank you!
(08-19-2017, 08:27 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

- Fixed one circumstance that would cause Windows Repair Toolbox to hang in the initial loading screen for several minutes, in some machines. Thanks to @Timster for reporting this issue and help troubleshooting, and to the user Greg for also help troubleshooting.

- Fixed: if the temperature monitor was disabled from the settings tab while the red indicator was active, that "red dot" would continue visible in the panel instead of disappearing.

- Added: When the temperature monitor is disabled from the settings or is unavailable, now the word "Unavailable" will appear in front of "TEMP:"

Thank you!

This is great! That delayed loading was getting to the point to where I did not want to use the tool. Good fix Alex.
Oh BTW Alex have you addressed the RAM usage issue?
(08-19-2017, 09:12 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2017, 08:27 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Thank you!

This is great! That delayed loading was getting to the point to where I did not want to use the tool. Good fix Alex.
Oh BTW Alex have you addressed the RAM usage issue?

Not yet Tim, I wanted to release this update ASAP (because of the delayed loading fix). I'll be working on that next.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Hi all,

I've just released version 1.9.1.2 of WRT:

- Changed the memory monitor: it used to show the "% Committed Bytes in Use" and now it shows the "% Used". Thank you @Timster!

- Corrected the label from the CPU monitor from "% use" to "% time".

- Fixed the spacing between the left side groupboxes in the "Settings" tab.

- Added informative tooltips also to the buttons in "Windows" groupbox.

- Updated Notepad++ from version 7.5 to version 7.5.1.

- Added the recommendation to disable the real-time AV to the messagebox that is shown when the "Run Unattended" button is clicked.

Thank you!
now we are talking.... tool is getting much better.
(09-03-2017, 11:12 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]now we are talking.... tool is getting much better.

Yes, and you're helping with that Smile

An user made me this question: "...how can I backup or export all downloaded programs to every new iteration of your program?"

The answer is to copy the following folders:
...\Windows_Repair_Toolbox\Downloads
...\Windows_Repair_Toolbox\custom

The second one is for the case that you've added customizations to the program (icon, title bar text, custom.xml file).
Hey! Alex,

This is a question, that could possibly end up being a suggestion...lol

In the portable version, I customize the icon with my logo and change the tool name at the top of the window.

Then when an update comes out, I extract it to the WRT folder on my USB Drives. When I do that, I have to change the icon and header every time.

Is there a way to keep the custom icon and header that I am not aware of? Or do you have to change it every time?
(09-05-2017, 02:48 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! Alex,

This is a question, that could possibly end up being a suggestion...lol

In the portable version, I customize the icon with my logo and change the tool name at the top of the window.

Then when an update comes out, I extract it to the WRT folder on my USB Drives. When I do that, I have to change the icon and header every time.

Is there a way to keep the custom icon and header that I am not aware of? Or do you have to change it every time?

Hey Larry, if I understood your question correctly, I think that the answer you're looking for is on my previous post. If it's not that, give me a heads up. Thank you.
Hi all, I've just released version 2.0.0.1 of WRT. Here's what's changed:

- Added: extra information about the system drive, namely the "Power-On Time" and the "Power-On Count". Quickly accessible through the tooltip:

[Image: drive.jpg]

- Added: information about the Computer manufacturer, model and serial number, as provided by the SMBIOS. I found this useful for when providing remote support and to check the computer warranty. Also quickly accessible through a tooltip added to the "OS" label:

[Image: computer.jpg]

- Fixed: users in China (are there any?Big Grin) would always get the information of "Internet connection status is: OFF".

- Replaced "Treesize" with "WizTree" (WizTree is faster. However, after using this program, make sure to go to "Options" > and uncheck "Windows Explorer context menu", or by default a "WizTree" entry is added to the windows explorer context menu. That entry will stay there after Wiztree is deleted or, for instance, if the pendrive where the program exists is removed. So, at that point, clicking on that entry will return an error. I reported this to the developer and he replied saying that he will change that default in the next update).

- Replaced "FarbarSS" and "TCPView" with "BlueScreenView" and "AppCrashView". I did it because I find these two tools really useful and susceptible to be used in a large majority of cases (to check for recent bluescreens and application crashes, in conjunction with the Event Viewer and Reliability Monitor). Although they are already included in the "NirLauncher" package, I find it more practical to have those two particular tools together and more accessible, as they are now.

- Changed: when clicking the "Clear Downloads" or the "Reset to Defaults" button, the questions whether to also delete the added and downloaded custom tools or not, and whether to reset the "custom.xml" file or not, are now shown with a red warning icon (beside having "NO" as the default answer), in order to help out the quick shooters Smile

- A few other internal and minor changes.

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38