Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Thanks Alex
Hi everyone, I've released version 1.9.0.3 of WRT:

- The internet connection monitor now returns the result of the test much more quickly (in the tests i did, this fixed the issue of WRT showing “not responding” for a several seconds when the internet gets disconnected).
(05-14-2017, 02:27 AM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I've released version 1.9.0.3 of WRT:

- The internet connection monitor now returns the result of the test much more quickly (in the tests i did, this fixed the issue of WRT showing “not responding” for a several seconds when the internet gets disconnected).

Thanks Alex for keeping us informed about updates! Big Grin
@LarryTheComputerGuy
No problem! It's always great to be able to receive feedback from the community.

(05-02-2017, 12:44 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Alex. I am starting to notice that on a few machines. WRT takes a really long time to launch. These machines are not heavily infected and I have disabled all A/V's. Even in safe mode WRT takes a very long time to launch. Not sure why this happens on only certain machines. Takes literally several minutes to launch. Hard drives check out system resources are ok. This forces me to abandon WRT for that system.

Hi @Timster, if possible can you (and anyone else that might using the program) try with the latest version of WRT to check if the problem persists? Thank you!
I always use the latest version. I will post in here the minute WRT hangs on a system so we can gather system data.
(05-17-2017, 01:34 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]I always use the latest version. I will post in here the minute WRT hangs on a system so we can gather system data.

Thanks a lot Tim.
Hi all, version 1.9.0.4 is now available:

- Improved the verification of program and definitions updates during the startup (made it more accurate and streamlined).

Under some circumstances WRT would believe that the server was accessible, when in fact it was not. That caused it to try to check updates at startup, when it shouldn't. And that could cause error messages, and i also suspect that it would sometimes make the program get stuck in the "Loading...please wait..." screen.

- Fixed an issue that when one button is clicked, another unrelated one got focus. Additionally, the TAB button now allows to navigate through the "Settings" tab buttons and checkboxes (regarding the checkboxes, they don't gain visible focus, and they can be check/unckecked using SPACE key).

- A few other internal improvements.
Thanks Alex, keep up the good work!!!
Hey Alex,

I have a suggestion for an app called Belarc Advisor...

This program has been around for a very long time, It's good for taking inventory of all sorts of things on a system like...OS Info, System Info, System Security Status, Group Policy, Windows COA, and etc. It will even list Product Keys for most "not all" installed programs. Would be a great add to WRT...

Thanks for all the good work!!!
Hi Alex,

I want to address a few things about WRT:

- In the notes section, when click on the buttons to use the nirsoft tools to get wifi key, Product key, or mail information, it does not appear, I have tried my main box and a laptop

- It takes a long time to load on the laptop ("Loading, Please Wait"), Opened Very quickly on my main box

-  When you close the software, it is still running in the background, even if I close manually in Task Manager, it is still running

Again you have done a great job with the software and letting us know about the changes

Keep up the good work Wink

Kind Regards

RECdevicehelper
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38