Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(06-09-2017, 03:01 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]OK maybe this will help with WRT taking forever to start up sometimes. It happened to me again for no apparent reason. Wired connection and hardly had any malware. I disabled other antivirus with no change..

@Timster, do you still have the computer with you for testing?

Can you please try to run WRT in safe mode (not Windows in safe mode, but the program itself, just run the "start_WRT_in_reduced_functionality_mode.bat" that is in the same folder as WRT). Did it make any difference?

Thank you!
(06-09-2017, 03:09 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 03:01 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]OK maybe this will help with WRT taking forever to start up sometimes. It happened to me again for no apparent reason. Wired connection and hardly had any malware. I disabled other antivirus with no change..

Can you please try to run WRT  in safe mode (not Windows in safe mode, but the program itself, just run the "start_WRT_in_reduced_functionality_mode.bat" that is in the same folder as WRT). Did it make any difference?

Thank you!

Alex I am sorry but this was one of those where I had to get it in and out as quickly as possible.
This was a fairly new HP-255-G4 laptop that was almost 100% clean with a wired connection. Windows Defender running on Windows 10 OK

Hopefully if this happens again I will be able to spend more time and try WRT Safe Mode also.
(06-09-2017, 04:01 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 03:09 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you please try to run WRT  in safe mode (not Windows in safe mode, but the program itself, just run the "start_WRT_in_reduced_functionality_mode.bat" that is in the same folder as WRT). Did it make any difference?

Thank you!

Alex I am sorry but this was one of those where I had to get it in and out as quickly as possible.
This was a fairly new HP-255-G4 laptop that was almost 100% clean with a wired connection. Windows Defender running on Windows 10 OK

Hopefully if this happens again I will be able to spend more time and try WRT Safe Mode also.

@Timster , no problem! thanks a lot for reporting.
Hi all, I've just released version 1.9.0.6. It basically contains two fixes, and some improvements in the "Notes" tab.

Fixed:
- If the "start_WRT_in_reduced_functionality_mode.bat" was right-clicked > "Run as Administrator", from some location that was not the system drive, it would return an error. This as been fixed, and now it will also work correctly in that scenario.

- WRT was able to run under a Standart User Account with UAC disabled, when it shouldn't. This would result in WRT being launched without administrative privileges, and consequently in several errors during it's use.

Added:
- Added a proper "Save" button to the "Notes" tab. The previous one was a "Save as..." button and that would make it unpractical when one just wanted to quick save some annotations made to an already saved file . Now both "Save as..." and "Save" buttons are present in the "Notes" tab.

Besides, a previously kept file that you load in the "Notes" tab, will now be automatically saved every minute. This is in order to make sure that at least your most recent annotations are saved if something unexpected terminates the program.
(06-13-2017, 09:24 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I've just released version 1.9.0.6. It basically contains two fixes, and some improvements in the "Notes" tab.

Fixed:
- If the "start_WRT_in_reduced_functionality_mode.bat" was right-clicked > "Run as Administrator", from some location that was not the system drive, it would return an error. This as been fixed, and now it will also work correctly in that scenario.

- WRT was able to run under a Standart User Account with UAC disabled, when it shouldn't. This would result in WRT being launched without administrative privileges, and consequently in several errors during it's use.

Added:
- Added a proper "Save" button to the "Notes" tab. The previous one was a "Save as..." button and that would make it unpractical when one just wanted to quick save some annotations made to an already saved file . Now both "Save as..." and "Save" buttons are present in the "Notes" tab.

Besides, a previously kept file that you load in the "Notes" tab, will now be automatically saved every minute. This is in order to make sure that at least your most recent annotations are saved if something unexpected terminates the program.
Thanks Alex!!!,

Also for the custom tools section, is it possible to add zip files because there is one program that it is really useful and it requires another file along with it to work. Is there any way around that.

Thanks

RECdevicehelper
@RECdevicehelper
It is possible, but still as kind of a workaround.

There are two ways:

1) You can add it the same way you'd add an executable file. E.g.:
<LINKS title="Geek Uninstaller" link="https://www.geekuninstaller.com/geek.zip" exe="geek.zip"/>
This will download and run the zip file. Just double-click geek.exe afterwards and it will work just fine, from within the zip.
Not sure if this works with all programs though.

2) Extract your .zip directly to the "Custom Tools" folder (just copy the zip file to that folder, right-click it and choose "Extract here"). Then add an entry to the custom.xml like this:
<LINKS title="Geek Uninstaller" link="F:\Windows Repair Toolbox\Downloads\Custom Tools\geek.exe" exe="geek.exe"/>

Here the "F:\" simply represents the pendrive from where you're running Windows Repair Toolbox, it might be another letter.
Finally, when you click "Start!" in the "Custom Tools" tab you'll be asked if you want to download a new copy. Just answer No.

NOTE: if you click the "Clear Downloads" button in the "Settings" tab, or the "Run Unattended" button in the "Malware Removal" tab, all files inside the "Downloads" folder are deleted included those inside the "Custom Tools" folder. That's no problem if you used the first method, but it is if you used the second. This will change, but for now that's how it is.

If you have any question, just let me know!
Hi all, I've just released version 1.9.0.7. Here's what's changed:

- The monitors will now run on their own separated threads.

- Before the beginning of the "Run Unattended", all tools previously downloaded by WRT used to be deleted.
Now only those that are necessary to delete will be deleted - in order to shorten the preparation time, to save bandwidth, and to preserve the "Custom Tools" folder.

-  If you’ve added custom tools to WRT, when clicking “Clear Downloads” in the settings tab you’ll now be asked if you also want to delete them as well or if you prefer to keep them.

- When executed as part of the "Run Unattended", Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, besides the high and moderate threat levels, will now also neutralize objects with low threat levels (changed the command line argument from -processlevel 2 to -processlevel 3).

- Fixed: when executed under WRT, SDIO wasn’t showing the initial welcome screen.

- Some other internal improvements and changes.

As always, your feedback is welcome.

Thanks!
Thanks for keeping us updated.
Thanks Alex!!
No problem! Thank you for letting me post here and be able to receive your feedback.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38