Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(01-21-2018, 04:40 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked. It looks like you changed that to BOOT?

Hey Tim, thank you for checking it out. That means you're not having the issue described by the other user. In the place where it says SMART and has a red dot, normally will appear the boot type (BIOS or UEFI). But if the system drive reports SMART errors, in its place it will be shown the smart warning that's in the picture.

I've installed Windows in a spare HDD and didn't had the error either.

I was afraid that something unexpected might be causing the warning to be shown in all HDD drives, but fortunately that isn't the case.

I'm now suspecting of AV interference together with a bug on WRT side, but I'll have to wait for the feedback to see.
Released version 2.0.0.9, in order to fix a bug that was meanwhile reported by an user, and also to introduce a small improvement to a functionality.

- Fixed: if the S.M.A.R.T monitor that is integrated into WRT was for some reason prevented from running (e.g: security software interference), WRT would display an alert regarding the health of the system drive.

- Improved: excluded the "Windows.old" folder from the scope of the scan performed by the "AVLeftovers" functionality (in the "Uninstallers" section).

Thank you.
thank you for new version
No problem. I appreciate that fact that I can post here and receive your feedback. I'm particularly grateful to @Britec , for having done the very first WRT Youtube review (that gave big visibility to the program) and opening this thread, nearly 3 years ago, and to @Timster for several suggestions, bug reports (two in particular very hard to detect, and that also required a big amount of effort from his part to bring me the information I needed to be able to troubleshoot and solve), and also a detailed video tutorial on how to use the custom tools tab in WRT.
Well we appreciate the fact that you are dedicated to keeping your toolbox updated and offer good support.
Is this the same toolbox as the one you said to ask on your forum in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGlrZJUBu4U&t=235s It doesn't look the same..Can I get a copy of this one?
(02-01-2018, 12:23 PM)PaulIIII Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the same toolbox as the one you said to ask on your forum in this video?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGlrZJUBu4U&t=235s       It doesn't look the same..Can I get a copy of this one?

Hi, no, that's a different tool. You can download this one here.
Hi Alex, new video coming soon.  Big Grin
(02-08-2018, 03:49 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alex, new video coming soon.  Big Grin

Hey Brian, many thanks! I right now working in a new release that fixes the NirLauncher download. Yesterday or earlier today, Nirsoft password-protected the Nirlauncher .zip file (probably because of the Google virus warning when opening the download page), and now the download is failing. I already fixed it and in the next few hours i'll be uploading a new version. That's just for the case that you try to download it in your review and it fails Big Grin
Version 2.0.1.0 is now available for download. It fixes the NirLauncher download (since yesterday or earlier today, Nirsoft protected the .zip file with a password, and so it was necessary to adapt the code in order to be able to extract it). I also took the opportunity to update the 7-Zip components to version 18.01. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38