Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Thanks Alex, much appreciated!
Great Job Alex!
No problem, I hope you enjoy it. If you guys have suggestions or bugs to report please let me know. Thanks!
Good additions Alex!
(09-17-2017, 03:15 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Good additions Alex!

Thank you Tim Smile
Please keep up with the suggestions and bug reports!
(09-05-2017, 06:53 AM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2017, 02:48 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! Alex,

This is a question, that could possibly end up being a suggestion...lol

In the portable version, I customize the icon with my logo and change the tool name at the top of the window.

Then when an update comes out, I extract it to the WRT folder on my USB Drives. When I do that, I have to change the icon and header every time.

Is there a way to keep the custom icon and header that I am not aware of? Or do you have to change it every time?

Hey Larry, if I understood your question correctly, I think that the answer you're looking for is on my previous post. If it's not that, give me a heads up. Thank you.

Yup, When you update, just replace the Bat, exe, and config file over to the WRT Folder.....done!
Hi guys, I've released yesterday version 2.0.0.2 of Windows Repair Toolbox.

The main change was in the “Uninstallers” section, where I added a functionality called “AVLeftovers”, and the compilation “AV Uninstall Tools Pack”. The programs “Eset AV Remover” (that is already included in the compilation mentioned above) and “Decrapifier” were removed.

The “AVLeftovers” helps to identify what Antivirus programs may have been previously installed on a computer that you’re working on, so that you can run the respective manual uninstaller before installing another Antivirus of your choice, or when trying to solve some problem potentially caused by an incomplete uninstall of a previous security solution.

It works by simply searching for directories in the system drive (with some exclusions) whose name contains the name of several security solutions (the same that are present in the “AV Uninstall Tools Pack”). The results are presented in a TreeView, and under the node containing the detection are shown the full paths. False positives are possible so it’s advised check the paths. Example below (after uninstalling Avast and McAfee through Control Panel and rebooting the computer):

[Image: print.jpg]

I was under the impression that Eset Av Remover would do this, but it doesn’t, so I decided to add it myself to WRT. While testing another software, I installed and removed successively five different Antivirus (Avast, AVG, Avira, McAfee and Norton). I then run Eset AV remover and it indicated that there we’re no leftovers found, while there were plenty (directories and drivers left by the regular uninstallers). My guess is that it will probably only detect in the case of a seriously broken uninstall.

The “AV Uninstall Tools Pack” is a collection of the official tools for removing more than 40 security programs. It has about 250MB and it’s updated on a monthly basis. The interface by default is in Russian, but there’s an option on the main window to change it to English.

As always, your feedback is welcome.

Thank you!
Hey guys, I've released version 2.0.0.3. This version contains improvements to the "AVLeftovers" functionality that I've added in the last version:

- Made several changes in order to improve detections and reduce false positives.

- Removed detections regarding some older discontinued AV's, and added several other detections (so there's no longer a total correspondence with the "AV Uninstall Tools Pack").

- Increased the size of the form so that it's easier to look at the paths when the nodes are expanded.

While this functionality is not perfect - false positives can occur and it will not tell us the exact version of the AV detected - , I think that it will make the task much easier. Admittedly it relies in part in the knowledge and the experience of the user to cover the two weak-spots mentioned above. If you guys feel like, give it a go and tell me what you think. The tool doesn't change or remove anything (and neither is it supposed to do so), but it only reports (if you right-click a node you'll only have the options to copy the path or to open it - in order to allow to examine the contents).

Thank you.
Great Job Alex,

Keep up the good work Smile
Thanks for the update, ALex and like Rich wrote, keep up the nice work
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38