Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
OK just checking. It's a good tool pretty quick downloading and opening of programs. I think you should add RWEverything, it's a bit like the old Norton Utilities and therefore quite advanced but it's usable along with Nirsoft in terms of retrieving embedded activation keys.

rweverything.com/
(04-13-2017, 05:06 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote: [ -> ]OK just checking. It's a good tool pretty quick downloading and opening of programs. I think you should add RWEverything, it's a bit like the old Norton Utilities and therefore quite advanced but it's usable along with Nirsoft in terms of retrieving embedded activation keys.

rweverything.com/

Thank you for the suggestion, @GuiltySpark. Tried it and even looked for tutorials, but honestly found it overwhelming. Did you tried LicenceCrawler (find it in the first tab - Tools -, under the "Backup&Recovery" groupbox)? If not, and if you're in the mood, please try it and tell me what you think. Also in the "Notes" tab, in the right side of the bar, i put there some Nirsoft password recovery tools (they will write the output directly to the text area so you can save them all as a file, it's meant to help backing up before a Nuke&Pave).
I did have a very brief look at LicenceCrawler never used it before so didn't spend too much time on it, but will have a look during the week (a bit hectic this weekend).
Hi everyone, I've just released version 1.9.0.0 . Here's what's changed:

-  In the “Final Tests” tab, the “Service Pack” button, that opens System Properties, has been replaced with the “Win. Version” button, that opens Microsoft’s Version Reporter Applet. This one shows more complete information: Windows version, edition and build.

-  Added an option to turn off the monitor that shows the amount of free space available in the system drive.

-  When the “Clear Downloads” button fails to remove some file, it will now identify it in the error message that is displayed.

-  While previously WRT would assume that C:\ is always the system partition, now it will detect and behave accordingly in those rare cases where the system is in a different partition.

-  Fixed: If you want to, you can now rename Windows_Repair_Toolbox.exe without Rkill killing the program during the Unattended Fix (this was already working for when you launched Rkill alone, but not when it was used within the unattended fix process).

-  Improvements to the Unattended Fix process.

-  Some other improvements and fixes.

As usual, any questions, suggestions or bug reports, please let me know.

Thank you!
Thanks Alex. I am starting to notice that on a few machines. WRT takes a really long time to launch. These machines are not heavily infected and I have disabled all A/V's. Even in safe mode WRT takes a very long time to launch. Not sure why this happens on only certain machines. Takes literally several minutes to launch. Hard drives check out system resources are ok. This forces me to abandon WRT for that system.
(05-02-2017, 12:44 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Alex. I am starting to notice that on a few machines. WRT takes a really long time to launch. These machines are not heavily infected and I have disabled all A/V's. Even in safe mode WRT takes a very long time to launch. Not sure why this happens on only certain machines. Takes literally several minutes to launch. Hard drives check out system resources are ok. This forces me to abandon WRT for that system.

Hi Tim, thank you for the feedback. It just stays in the "Loading.. Please wait..."? If that's the case i also find that at times. It normally happens in some computers that have some kind of problem while connecting to the internet. When i find that, i just kill WRT process, reinstall the network driver from the device manager, and that normally fixes it. But honestly i still haven't found another way to bypass those cases directly from WRT (my main problem is that i cannot reproduce the issue at will, for testing purposes).
It does hang at "Loading.. Please wait". The network however appears ok on the computers it hangs on. I will try and document what I can when it happens in the future to help with narrowing down the issue. Most of the time I'm just trying to get the computer off of my bench and in the customers hands.
(05-02-2017, 10:48 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]It does hang at "Loading.. Please wait". The network however appears ok on the computers it hangs on. I will try and document what I can when it happens in the future to help with narrowing down the issue. Most of the time I'm just trying to get the computer off of my bench and in the customers hands.

Thank you. Another thing that also sometimes work is to reset the IE. Anyway i'll look further into this.
Hi guys, I've just updated WRT to version 1.9.0.1. I've changed the "chkdsk" button in the first tab to "chkdsk c:".

I did this because if the portable version of WRT was executed from a pen drive, it would perform the check disk on that pen drive and not in the system drive, as intended (what was natural since that the command invoked was simply chkdsk, without any parameters).

Thank you.
Updated the WRT to version 1.9.0.2. I've just updated the Java Uninstall Tool to it’s newest version. The modified Java Uninstall Tool no longer requires Java, and runs as an .exe (the previous tool ran as a Java applet). More information here: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/uninstaller_toolfaq.xml
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38