Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
@RECdevicehelper
Thank you, I'll give it to you as well.

@Timster
Thank you, I'll try to reproduce it.
Here is an example of the RAM usage report being off.

[attachment=2965]
(08-04-2017, 10:42 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an example of the RAM usage report being off.

@Timster, thanks a lot for taking the time to help.

Can I ask you please to do the following: when you observe that again, please make a video of what you posted - about 20 seconds - and send it to me or post here. You can even just use your smartphone to do it. I need to make sure that there's a problem before messing with the code, because the screenshot of a given moment won't exclude what I said before about different refresh times (in picture, in the memory graph, the 87% shows as a peak; it is probable that WRT was still displaying the previous value. That is normal. But if the discrepancy continues through the time, then there's a problem. That's what I need to check.)

Many thanks.
@RECdevicehelper and @Timster

I've just sent you guys a private message with a download link for the test version.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hi guys, I've released version 1.9.0.9.

I've just corrected a misspelled word in the instructions text of the "Custom Tools" tab.

Thank you.
(08-05-2017, 01:12 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2017, 10:42 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an example of the RAM usage report being off.

@Timster, thanks a lot for taking the time to help.

Can I ask you please to do the following: when you observe that again, please make a video of what you posted - about 20 seconds - and send it to me or post here. You can even just use your smartphone to do it. I need to make sure that there's a problem before messing with the code, because the screenshot of a given moment won't exclude what I said before about different refresh times (in picture, in the memory graph, the 87% shows as a peak; it is probable that WRT was still displaying the previous value. That is normal. But if the discrepancy continues through the time, then there's a problem. That's what I need to check.)

Many thanks.

OK here is a short video. It looks to me like the RAM% is actually measuring the Commit Charge as shown in Windows

EDIT: Just to point out this is on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

(08-06-2017, 12:31 AM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]@RECdevicehelper and @Timster

I've just sent you guys a private message with a download link for the test version.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks I will use this version when I get a slow load time.
@Timster
Many thanks for the video!!

WRT follows "% Commited Bytes in Use" from Performance Monitor, that, from what I gathered, takes into account the pagefile size, hence the difference to the values displayed in the task manager - from what I tested, this difference will really standout when the memory use is very high; when the use is not that high the values are close. I'll try to find another way to get the used memory. Thanks a lot for reporting and help with the troubleshoot!

Meanwhile I’ve released version 1.9.1.0 of WRT.

This version fixes an unhandled exception that would crash the program during its startup if the CPU wasn’t supported by the temperature monitor. A few other unhandled exceptions that might also occur during the startup were also handled. This problem affected versions 1.9.0.7 and higher.

Thanks to the user Scott T. for reporting the issue.
Here is the log results Alex from one that takes a really long time to load.
Windows 10 64bit
HP AIO Pavilion 23-q128

[attachment=2977]

Here is another one. Back to back. takes a long time to load.
Windows 10 64bit
Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop

[attachment=2978]
(08-15-2017, 03:02 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log results Alex from one that takes a really long time to load.
Windows 10 64bit
HP AIO Pavilion 23-q128

Many thanks Tim! Smile

Another contributor that is also using the test version, submitted me a log containing 17 readings. In 2 of them the SMART reader also took a big amount of time to start (784 seconds in one, and 320 seconds on another). Your logs corroborate that. I'm currently working on that issue.

Ps: the "Check for program updates" section can be ignored because it also counts the seconds taken to click "Yes or "No" in the message box that asks if the user wants to update the program (the other readings from when that message box still wasn't shown - because there was no new version at the time - , the times are good).
(08-15-2017, 03:59 PM)AlexCa Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2017, 03:02 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log results Alex from one that takes a really long time to load.
Windows 10 64bit
HP AIO Pavilion 23-q128

Many thanks Tim! Smile

Another contributor that is also using the test version, submitted me a log containing 17 readings. In 2 of them the SMART reader also took a big amount of time to start (784 seconds in one, and 320 seconds on another). Your logs corroborate that. I'm currently working on that issue.

Ps: the "Check for program updates" section can be ignored because it also counts the seconds taken to click "Yes or "No" in the message box that asks if the user wants to update the program (the other readings from when that message box still wasn't shown - because there was no new version at the time - , the times are good).

Gotcha! Well I'm only running the test version when I notice long loading times. Looks like WRT is hanging sometimes when checking SMART. Question is why is it only on certain computers?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38