Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Repair Toolbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Hello everyone, I've just released version 2.0.0.7 of WRT. Here's what changed:

- Fixed a bug in the portable version of WRT: if "Windows_Repair_Toolbox.zip" was extracted directly (right-click > "Extract Here") to the root of a drive, the programs would download but would not run. The error was: "The system cannot find the file specified".

- When the "Clear downloads" button, in the "Settings" tab, was clicked, it would always ask if the user wanted to delete any custom tools that might have been added or downloaded. This was annoying and the user could accidentally delete the programs that he manually had placed in the custom tools folder. Now it will only be given the option to delete the downloaded custom tools (and not the added) - what makes the most sense -, and the message box that gives that option will only show when those exist.

- Added an informative warning message when the "Norton Power Eraser" button is clicked.

- Changed the description under "How to use:" in the "Custom Tools" tab.

- Updated Notepad++ to the version 7.5.2.

- Some other internal and minor changes.

Thank you!
looks like an interesting program to have. but wish bri bro didnt add this -

Quote:By running Windows Repair Toolbox you accept COMPLETE responsibility for ANYTHING that happens. This tool has ZERO WARRANTY for any purpose. Run it AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Rolleyes
If i did not add that and someone broke there computer on my advise I would feel responsible, where there's blame there's a claim.

The creator will tell you the same thing. Oh check out the bottom of his pageĀ https://windows-repair-toolbox.com/
I understand the need for the disclaimer, cheers brian
Even technician software that you pay for has that in their disclaimer... It's called C.Y.A. because there will always be someone who uses software that has no clue how to configure it or what the software is actually doing to the system.

The ones I like are people who use a virus scanner that blasted away one of their programs, call the software crap... Then when I boot up their computer they got a well known torrent downloader sitting on the desktop... Big Grin
Hey Alex in your latest version I get the error below when trying to launch ccleaner

EDIT: It looks like Piriform is having issues on their end

[attachment=3224]
Hi all, I've just updated WRT to version 2.0.0.8.

Here's what changed:

- Added a "Download All" button (in the "Settings" tab) that allows to download all the tools at once. The idea is to fully prepare WRT to be used in offline / slow connection computers, or simply to have all the tools already previously downloaded for faster use. The non-essential "Clear Checkboxes" and "Clear Notes" buttons have been removed to open space to this option.

There are a few shortcomings though:

1 - If the offline version of WRT is prepared in a 64-bit version of Windows, some of the tools will require a new download if WRT is later used on a 32-bit version of Windows, and vice-versa. This happens because some of the tools have separated download links for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and, when it's time to download them, WRT will not download both, but will choose according to the version of the OS where it's being executed.

2 - The tools FRST and Zoek aren't downloaded. This is because, AFAIK, they are supposed to be saved to and executed from the Desktop.

3 - The "Run Unattended" process still requires internet connection.

- Fixed: the "Clear Downloads" button was very slow to to its job, particularly when there were many tools to delete. That as been fixed and now it's much faster.

- The "start_WRT_in_reduced_functionality_mode.bat" will now immediately launch WRT (without showing any previous text). This starts WRT much faster, with very little loading time, and its useful for when we only have in mind to quickly run some specific tool in the computer and don't want to wait for the real-time monitors to load.

- "ESETSirefefCleaner" (the "Serv. Repair" button in the "Repairs" section), the tool used to restore Windows Services to their default state, has been replaced with "Chrome Cleanup Tool".

I removed the tool because it hasn't been updated since December, 2015 and Windows 10 has received several upgrades since then. Besides, "Tweaking.com - Windows Repair" can do the same job and it's updated regularly.

- Fixed: "Vipre Rescue Scanner" and "MBAM" would not run in a different computer from where they were downloaded, if the letter assigned to to USB drive from were WRT is running was different.

- Fixed: in the "Final Tests" tab, "CrowdInspect" and "StressTest" would not mark their respective checkbox when executed offline.

- Updated Notepad++ and the temperature monitor.

As always, your feedback is welcome.

Thank you.

PS: @Timster, sorry for not replying to your previous post! I must have missed the notification!
Nice changes and updates Alex
Thank you Tim.

Are you guys having an issue with this latest version where the SMART warning shows in all computers you try?

It looks like this:
[Image: Capture2.jpg]

An user from another forum reported me that he ran WRT in 3 different computers and all were showing the SMART warning, while GSmartControl and CrystalDiskInfo didn't report any issue. I'm not experiencing this, but I'm using a SSD and maybe that has some influence. Meanwhile I'm trying to troubleshoot his with him, and installing Windows to a spare spinner HDD to test.

If you guys could try it and give me some feedback that would be great.

Thank you.
Just checked. It looks like you changed that to BOOT?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38