Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
yes you would still be able install program and do everything has normal but

like I said see no reason to buy a new hard drive if the only problem is that the hard drive is lock

if you want to give your computer a speed boost buy a SSD hard drive because it have no spinning disk

but they cost a lot more the spinning disk hard drive] WD Green 2TB Desktop Hard Drive is a good hard drive
Thanks Compton , getting bit frustrated now as this so called "quick fix" is taking nearly a week to fix .
did the norton ghost image install successfully ?
Hi , Compton , have no idea ...couldn't get hold of my technician today , it's going to cost £39.99 to put right that's the fee he told me he would charge , which is a bargain compared to another shop who charge £75.00 for a format hard drive and a fresh install .

Also , could you tell me how I can reformat the photos I have taken regarding my computer problem with my iPad Air , so that they are small enough to upload on the forum ? Thankyou
Hi very sorry to bother you again but it looks like my hard disk has failed , technician tried to boot from my existing hard drive and it wouldn't . , so please could use conform even with a brand new hard drive I can use the recovery media to do a complete reinstall of windows 8.1 if the system is the same . Only asked Maplins about getting a new hard drive , they stated I needed a new operating system
yes if you buy a brand new hard drive the recovery media from your manufacturer will work

you are not bothering it's ok you have a recovery usb and recovery disk right ?
Yes I have the Zoostorm recovery media , however Microsoft state that if you change the hard drive then your product key is void ...mind you there tech information is always different when you contact them I only have the recovery dvd no USB unfortunately

As you said it would work ok with recovery then Marlins are idiots they stated I'd need new operating system
yes if you change your hard drive it may not Activate

if it don,t activate you can follow this tutorial Fix Activation Error 0xc004f074 Windows 8.1

you can,t void your key by changing your hard drive
Thanks Compton , that link you posted sorry but it didn't work it says page not found
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22