Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
ok if the test comes back clean it's 100% your hard drive
(08-30-2015, 01:37 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ok if the test comes back clean it's 100% your hard drive

I let the test go as far as 91% because the fan in the CPU was screaming , and that is the stock AMD heats ink and fan that came with the processor and has copper piping in it. So is windows memory diagnostics tool a good one to use and is it reliable ?
yes windows memory diagnostics are pretty good

when you enter windows memory diagnostics

type F1

select standard test

hit tab key

set pass count to 10

hit f10

remember to test one memory at a time
(08-31-2015, 04:17 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]yes windows memory diagnostics are pretty good

when you enter windows memory diagnostics

type F1

select standard test

hit tab key

set pass count  to 10

hit f10

remember to test one memory at a time
Hi thanks for that , as I don't have an anti static bag where can I put the memory while its taken out ?
just place it on a wood surface

hold the memory by the edge
(08-31-2015, 04:46 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]just place it on a wood surface

hold the memory by the edge

I have run a memory test in both memeory modules using the windows diagnostic tool. An there were no problems reported . Is that a conclusive test ?
Thanks
yes that would be a conclusive test which mean your hard drive is failing did you set it to

standard test

pass count to 10
(08-31-2015, 06:29 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]yes that would be a conclusive test  which mean your hard drive is failing did you set it to

standard test

pass count  to 10

Yes I did set it to those , it is a relief to know that it is the hard disk , as the seed of doubt was planted as to whether it was the hard disk or not . I have a theory that it made have done something to the circuit board which is exposed on the hard drive or effected the controller chip on the hard drive , and that it may be giving a false reading as to whether they are bad sectors on the drive
you said before that you power off the computer when some program in hiren boot cd was working on
the hard drive
that could have possibly damage the hard drive
(08-31-2015, 06:56 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]you said before that you power off the computer when some program in hiren boot cd was working on
the hard drive
that could  have possibly damage the hard drive

As I still am using PC I got an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue screen of death error
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22