Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Quote:in my machine he placed a 80gb support drive with windows 8.1 then upgrade to windows 10

The Windows 8.1 image would of been created on another computer with different hardware drivers and placing that in you're computer and upgrading to Windows 10 is not the correct way to go about it. You're probably run into a driver conflict and BSOD doing it that way.

Also I am shocked to think the computer tech has not found the problem yet. If I was you i would ask for you're computer back, this guy does not seem to know what he is doing.

He has offered 
  • No diagnosis 
  • No solution
  • No cost
Alarm bells are ringing.
Hi Compton the issue is that both hard drives are exactly the same with windows 10 on the 80 gig hard drive boots my computer but my own hard drive that once booted my computer for some reason doesn't

As I understand it the support drive was installed in my computer where all the drivers from my devices in my computer were installed , then once successfully installed then an image was created from that drive that had all the updates and drivers installed windows 10 etc then that image was transferred using Norton ghost to my hard drive so basically it would be a cloan of that drive , therefore both hard drives would look the same yet one boots the other does not the uefi bios refuses to acknowledge that my existing hard drive is there

As regard to the computer tech , I went to this guy , not because he's just down the road from where I live , but also locally he's built up a good reputation
I just think with his hands on that computer, he should of been able to solve the issue or give you a diagnosis report of what needs to be done to fix or resolve this computer problem. He has had the computer a number of days and he still not resolved the problem. 
I guess at this point you would just have to wait on the tech diagnosis tomorrow
The update on my computer problem is that my tech has no idea what is going on , that the hard drive he used (an 80gig laptop hard drive ) which he installed in my machine got all the drivers and even used my product key to activate it worked , the uefi bios detects that there is a hard drive there , or rather it shows up in the bios , but it will not boot from it .

He states that the Cpu is fine , the memory is fine it's just the hard drive , I had a stargaze conversation with Microsoft also having played up hell with them on the online chat because following their instructions is the reason I'm at this juncture now .

As my computer was still at the repair shop he stated he'd phone back around 5 -6pm tonight to discuss the matter ....they do seem to be falling over themselves to help .

I'm rather , pardon the language pissed off after waiting a week of my time , stating that it was an easy fix , he also asked me wether I had a full copy of windows 8.1 as the recovery disk was on,y recovery media and it would look for a previous installation on the hard drive . I have been left very very cynical that your right britec that this joker hasn't got a clue of what he's doing luckily he operates a no fix no fee , but it's a week of my time that has been wasted .
at this point I would just take back the computer

you have 2 options

take to a next repair shop

try to fix it yourself
Hi Compton thanks , unfortunately my Zoostorm PC only had a year warranty and therefore they would not accept it back . I feel I have wasted time on this , and another tech guy is quite a way from my house , to be honest I've ,lost all faith in my oval town to supply tech support my nearest repair shop would be Coventry , and since I have not got my own transport don't fancy taking my computer on the train with me I've done that once a long time ago and my arms were ready to drop off carrying it round Coventry City centre . However Microsoft have got back to me via remote support are downloading windows ten and to create bootable media ....let's hope that their tech guys don't make another mess
Microsoft remote in your computer and are downloading windows ten to create bootable media

you best be careful its not a spammer playing microsoft support
(08-22-2015, 01:21 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]Microsoft  remote in your computer and are downloading windows ten to create bootable media

Hi Compton l well the media was created and my computer installed windows 10 , however during the reboot process it stated a watch dog error , so the Microsoft tech took control of my PC by remote assistant and has gone into check disk , and it's now scanning and repairing hard drive , however it has stuck at 10% for some time now so in keeping my fingers crossed that it moves on form that at some point

(08-22-2015, 03:34 PM)Heydon2015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2015, 01:21 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]Microsoft  remote in your computer and are downloading windows ten to create bootable media

Hi Compton l well the media was created and my computer installed windows 10 , however during the reboot process it stated a watch dog error , so the Microsoft tech took control of my PC by remote assistant and has gone into check disk , and it's now scanning and repairing hard drive , however it has stuck at 10% for some time now so in keeping my fingers crossed that it moves on form that at some point

I would have take photo but with scaling it's still to big to display on here

I would have take photo but with scaling it's still to big to display on here
I'm also told that the scan disk could take up to 4 hours to complete ,
But just worried that it seems to be stuck at 10 percent and not budging from that
ok just wait don,t touch anything just wait

you probably need scale it down some more

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=644
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22