Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
ok just make when taking out memory touch the metal part of your case so you can ground yourself

and you should be ok

did you test the memory with memtest86?
(08-23-2015, 03:35 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ok just make when taking out memory touch the metal part of your case so you can ground yourself

and you should be ok

Yes I think it was that that i tested it with yes , but again I hadn't taken each memory module out

(08-23-2015, 03:37 PM)Heydon2015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2015, 03:35 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ok just make when taking out memory touch the metal part of your case so you can ground yourself

and you should be ok

Yes I think it was that that i tested it with yes , but again I hadn't taken each memory module out

Also just a minor issue, cortana is supposed to work in the UK , my language an region are both UK yet cortana refuses to work , which also seems odd
test one memory at a time let the test run 4 hours on the memory sticks

how to write memtest86 to a flash drive

you need a microsoft account to get cortana working
(08-23-2015, 03:47 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]test one memory at a time let the test run 4 hours on the memory sticks

how to write memtest86 to a flash drive

you need a microsoft account to get cortana  working

Hi , I do have a Microsoft account went I set region to the United States then cortana pops up , have heard from escalation engineer m and he states that Microsoft as a show of good will are going to give me a Microsoft prepaid card to purchase another hard drive for my computer, there still errors on the drive blue screen comes up aka kernel security error when I try and install software from the dvd drive
did you test your memory one at a time ?
(08-24-2015, 05:24 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]did you test your memory one at a time ?

Hi Compton ,
Apologies for the late reply , at the moment I need to buy another USB drive as I don't have a spare to transfer the memory test tool
Thanks
(08-25-2015, 07:22 AM)Heydon2015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2015, 05:24 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]did you test your memory one at a time ?

Hi Compton ,
Apologies for the late reply , at the moment I need to buy another USB drive as I don't have a spare to transfer the memory test tool
Thanks

Also when I try and install any software onto my existing hard drive I get a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE blue screen of death failure , looked this up and it states that this comes up when this is serious data corruption on the hard drive
its best to test memory because I am not 100% sure about the hard drive
(08-25-2015, 01:52 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]its best to test  memory because I am not 100% sure about the hard drive

Ok I will do it as soon as I can , point made and as it's made me more than a little concerned then I will make it a priority
(08-25-2015, 02:17 PM)Heydon2015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2015, 01:52 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]its best to test  memory because I am not 100% sure about the hard drive

Ok I will do it as soon as I can , point made and as it's made me more than a little concerned then I will make it a priority

Haven't had chance to test the memory yet , but have found an 8gig flash drive that I forgot I'd got , however Microsoft tech , tonight mentioned that , he didn't believe that windows 10 rollback could effect the hard drive , after stating that there were errors on the drive . I didnt like the way he phased it , like that they may have been damage to hard drive before I installed windows . Which I assured him that I was not trying to pull the wool over the eyes of Microsoft , my computer was working fine and never before came up with a blue screen of death during installation
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22