Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mouse light wont turn off
basher2342000 Wrote:the mouse doesnt have any driver its a plug and play usb mouse anyway i think i fixed it according to what i changed the light does go off and as far as i saw the asus motherboard dont have the ErP feature in advanced mode under usb i changed from auto to enable and it seems to work ill know in a few days if it comes back
(01-02-2017, 08:39 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(01-02-2017, 05:15 PM)basher2342000 Wrote:  ok i know its not a brand name mouse just a basic mouse plug and play

It doesn't matter if it's branded or not. For any hardware to work, an appropriate driver is required. Think of the hardware device as a vehicle.

Without a driver, the vehicle cannot be driven or controlled. Similarly, without a device driver, the device cannot be operated or controlled.
basher2342000, a driver is a piece a software that is installed to the OS, like a normal program such as skype or internet explorer. The OS In this case is Windows, which is located on your hard drive. Drivers allows the Operating system to communicate with your hardware so it functions properly, so if there is no driver installed for the WiFi (Wireless or Ethernet), you won't be able to connect to the internet. This is the same for any other piece of hardware, such as your keyboard, Sound card, webcam, mouse and etc. Here is a nice video created by Linus which explains the concept nicely and gives you more info about the subject.

Also for the record, partha is right, it doesn't matter if it is branded or not, Windows needs a fully functioning driver so that your mouse works.

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper

(01-02-2017, 05:15 PM)basher2342000 Wrote:  ok i know its not a brand name mouse just a basic mouse plug and play

It doesn't matter if it's branded or not. For any hardware to work, an appropriate driver is required. Think of the hardware device as a vehicle.

Without a driver, the vehicle cannot be driven or controlled. Similarly, without a device driver, the device cannot be operated or controlled.

my mouse does not have any driver its a plug and play maybe if i had a top notch mouse like you i would have a driver disc anyway the mouse was made in china

(01-02-2017, 11:32 PM)basher2342000 Wrote:  

my mouse does not have any driver its a plug and play maybe if i had a top notch mouse like you i would have a driver disc anyway the mouse was made in china
Mate, any hardware connected to the OS has a driver, even if it a standard driver, it all has a driver otherwise you can't use it at all. Take my word for it!

(01-01-2017, 03:33 PM)basher2342000 Wrote:  
(01-01-2017, 09:31 AM)Partha Wrote:  Uninstall the driver of the mouse from the device manager, and restart the computer. It should get installed after the restart automatically.

See if that helps.

the mouse doesnt have any driver its a plug and play usb mouse anyway i think i fixed it according to what i changed the light does go off and as far as i saw the asus motherboard dont have the ErP feature in advanced mode under usb i changed from auto to enable and it seems to work ill know in a few days if it comes back

problem solved thread closed all that driving is going to drive me crazy lol lol