Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving to a new system, looking for windows 10 and windows 7 dual boot
(11-03-2016, 10:09 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(11-03-2016, 10:01 PM)Compton Wrote:  dualboot is easy and safe but first we need  a plan on the way you would like to do it

you want to dual boot on the SSD? or buy a next  hard drive to dual boot with ?

now I would recommend  you buy a next hard drive to install the dual boot on
It can be easy but it all depends on the situation. Juno it is up to you, like Compton said we need to know your plan on how you would like to do it, we will be happy to help you out if you still want to do it

Thanks for your help guys, I need a few days to think it through, in the meantime I will have a look into how to customise windows 10 to be more like 7.

Best,

Juno

(11-04-2016, 10:22 PM)Juno Wrote:  
(11-03-2016, 10:09 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(11-03-2016, 10:01 PM)Compton Wrote:  dualboot is easy and safe but first we need  a plan on the way you would like to do it

you want to dual boot on the SSD? or buy a next  hard drive to dual boot with ?

now I would recommend  you buy a next hard drive to install the dual boot on
It can be easy but it all depends on the situation. Juno it is up to you, like Compton said we need to know your plan on how you would like to do it, we will be happy to help you out if you still want to do it

Thanks for your help guys, I need a few days to think it through, in the meantime I will have a look into how to customise windows 10 to be more like 7.

Best,

Juno
No Problem Juno, take your time, it is our job to wait Big Grin
Thanks
RECdevicehelper

Hi,

I'm getting used to Windows 10, its actually quite nice, so I will stick with it for a while and see how I get on, and look into customising it.

On thing that caught me off guard however is automatic restart and update. I even had a txt file open where I was making some notes, and I left the computer, and it restarted without even asking me to save! I guess that means Ive lost my notes. Oh well. Can automatic restarts be disabled?

Perhaps this is not the right place to ask? If any of you have links on how to make windows 10 more convenient and user friendly that would be much appreciated.

best wishes,
Juno

(11-07-2016, 01:03 PM)Juno Wrote:  Hi,

I'm getting used to Windows 10, its actually quite nice, so I will stick with it for a while and see how I get on, and look into customising it.

On thing that caught me off guard however is automatic restart and update. I even had a txt file open where I was making some notes, and I left the computer, and it restarted without even asking me to save! I guess that means Ive lost my notes. Oh well. Can automatic restarts be disabled?

Perhaps this is not the right place to ask? If any of you have links on how to make windows 10 more convenient and user friendly that would be much appreciated.

best wishes,
Juno
Hi Juno, please create a new thread about disabling automatic restarts in the Windows 10 forum, thanks!

Thread Closed