Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving to a new system, looking for windows 10 and windows 7 dual boot
Hi Guys,

I'm moving to a new system, and am looking for a windows 10 and windows 7 dual boot.

have a PC from parts with a ~200gb SSD with windows 10 installed

what I would Ideally like: a dual boot system, windows 7 and windows 10, with plenty of storage.

I'm hoping you can advise..

It looks like I need to get windows 7 and another internal hard drive to go along with the win10 ssd drive.

need to get another larger drive ... would you recommend this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST1000DX001-Hybrid-Internal-Solid/dp/B00ELAVIQ0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1477750167&sr=8-4&keywords=ssd+drives

How do I get legitimate windows 7 installed on it?
how do I do a dual boot system between the drives?

Thanks for reading!

Hi Juno,

Thanks for contacting Britec Tech Support Forum!

First, could you post your system specs, please watch video created by Brian on how to do that:

OK, just so you are aware, you can shrink your 200gb ssd and create a second partition for Windows 7, but since you said you need plenty of storage, you should go a head with your original plan and buy a new hard drive. Secondly, it recommended to have windows 7 installed first and then dual boot windows 10, but it is possible, you will have to change some settings in the bios first, so both windows 7 and 10 boot.

Before we can do anything, we need to make sure your system is compatible with windows 7 and we also need to make sure there are drivers on the manufacturer website, so please post your full system specs using brian tutorial.

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper

you would need both windows 7 and windows 10 key

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for taking a while to get back to you, please see the file you asked for attached.

Best wishes,

Attached Files
.txt   Junos system info.txt (Size: 729.11 KB / Downloads: 8)

(11-02-2016, 10:09 PM)Juno Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for taking a while to get back to you, please see the file you asked for attached.

Best wishes,
Thank you juno for the info file you gave us, but you could you also post your full system specs using speecy, please follow the brian's tutorial below:
https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=665
That file you attached gave me some good info about your system, but I just need a little more the we discuss about dual booting your system.
Kind Regards
RECdevicehelper

Here you go:

https://speccy.piriform.com/results/OFgrnEPJweLPQhS4JLmW7or

thanks,

(11-03-2016, 02:30 PM)Juno Wrote:  Here you go:

thanks,
Thank you juno, Your computer is compatible with Windows 7. First download your motherboard and graphics driver and save it to a external device i.e USB, External Hard drive)

Here are the links to download them:
GA-Z97X-SOC Force Motherboard drivers
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Graphics Driver

For the motherboard please download all the latest ones on the website. Please try to download them from Europe, if there is a problem downloading it from Europe, download them from a different server.

Thanks

RECdevicehelper

(11-03-2016, 05:25 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(11-03-2016, 02:30 PM)Juno Wrote:  Here you go:

thanks,
Thank you juno, Your computer is compatible with Windows 7. First download your motherboard and graphics driver and save it to a external device i.e USB, External Hard drive)

Here are the links to download them:
GA-Z97X-SOC Force Motherboard drivers
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Graphics Driver

For the motherboard please download all the latest ones on the website. Please try to download them from Europe, if there is a problem downloading it from Europe, download them from a different server.

Thanks

RECdevicehelper

I tried to download all 25? motherboard drivers and chrome blocked quite a few of them because it thinks they are malicious. for example:

"mb_driver_vga_intel_64_9series.zip is malicious and Chrome has blocked it."

am I doing the right thing?

I wonder if doing the dual boot is difficult and/or dangerous perhaps I should just have a windows 10 system?

dualboot is easy and safe but first we need a plan on the way you would like to do it

you want to dual boot on the SSD? or buy a next hard drive to dual boot with ?

now I would recommend you buy a next hard drive to install the dual boot on

(11-03-2016, 10:01 PM)Compton Wrote:  dualboot is easy and safe but first we need  a plan on the way you would like to do it

you want to dual boot on the SSD? or buy a next  hard drive to dual boot with ?

now I would recommend  you buy a next hard drive to install the dual boot on
It can be easy but it all depends on the situation. Juno it is up to you, like Compton said we need to know your plan on how you would like to do it, we will be happy to help you out if you still want to do it