Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 7 -Sp1 Updates Failure
Hello -
I have followed all steps, run the ACL repair for trustedInstaller (and the others), cleaned out the folders, confirmed that BITs and wuauserv is running, started Windows update (Win 7 sp1) but the update just runs and runs and runs - 'view update history shows 'you have not tried to install....'  Windows Update Log shows "016-07-17 11:12:21:871 1308 1270 DtaStor WARNING: Attempted to add URL https://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/others/2016/07/21580618_09f32cbf83d57db70b8d6a9ce8a03be199ef95eb.cab for file CfMsv4PVfbcLjWqc6KA74Znvles= when file has not been previously added to the datastore"   - so it appears that there is something there to install but no joy.  I am at a loss as to where to go next - I have not DL'd Tweaking.com - My purpose of the Win 7 update is to have all updates installed in order to move to Win 10 (prior to the free install lapsing). Curiously enough, when I launch the 'Get Windows 10' from the task bar, it loads, runs for about 10 seconds and then disappears - there is Network activity so it is not working either.  I suspect both issues are tied together. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  
(Win 7 Home Premium - SP1) a purpose built DAW (Digital Audio WorkStation) -
Best,
Bill Watkins
Charlottesville, Virginia

run sfc /scannow in the command prompt as Admin

To add to Compton's post you should also verify the health of your hard drive. Run chkdsk /r /f also. After that try running the Windows Update repairs in Tweaking.com as you mentioned you have not done so yet.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Thanks folks ! Will do both this evening.

Best Regards,

Bill -

Gentleman,

I wanted to let both of you know I now seem to be on a good upgrade path. I ran both SFC and CHKDSK finding no issues and then ran Tweaking Repair. Logs were a little odd as seeing numerous 'access denied' notations. I went ahead though and Win 7 Update successfully and it did pull the Win 10 Upgrade now. Running the upgrade now and all seems well.

I truly appreciate you assistance and recommendations !!

Thanks again,

Regards,

Bill Watkins -
Charlottesville, Virginia

you are welcome happy days Smile