Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Win 7 -Sp1 Updates Failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello -
I have followed all steps, run the ACL repair for trustedInstaller (and the others), cleaned out the folders, confirmed that BITs and wuauserv is running, started Windows update (Win 7 sp1) but the update just runs and runs and runs - 'view update history shows 'you have not tried to install....'  Windows Update Log shows "016-07-17 11:12:21:871 1308 1270 DtaStor WARNING: Attempted to add URL https://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/others/2016/07/21580618_09f32cbf83d57db70b8d6a9ce8a03be199ef95eb.cab for file CfMsv4PVfbcLjWqc6KA74Znvles= when file has not been previously added to the datastore"   - so it appears that there is something there to install but no joy.  I am at a loss as to where to go next - I have not DL'd Tweaking.com - My purpose of the Win 7 update is to have all updates installed in order to move to Win 10 (prior to the free install lapsing). Curiously enough, when I launch the 'Get Windows 10' from the task bar, it loads, runs for about 10 seconds and then disappears - there is Network activity so it is not working either.  I suspect both issues are tied together. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  
(Win 7 Home Premium - SP1) a purpose built DAW (Digital Audio WorkStation) -
Best,
Bill Watkins
Charlottesville, Virginia
run sfc /scannow in the command prompt as Admin
To add to Compton's post you should also verify the health of your hard drive. Run chkdsk /r /f also. After that try running the Windows Update repairs in Tweaking.com as you mentioned you have not done so yet.
Thanks folks ! Will do both this evening.

Best Regards,

Bill -
Gentleman,

I wanted to let both of you know I now seem to be on a good upgrade path. I ran both SFC and CHKDSK finding no issues and then ran Tweaking Repair. Logs were a little odd as seeing numerous 'access denied' notations. I went ahead though and Win 7 Update successfully and it did pull the Win 10 Upgrade now. Running the upgrade now and all seems well.

I truly appreciate you assistance and recommendations !!

Thanks again,

Regards,

Bill Watkins -
Charlottesville, Virginia
you are welcome happy days Smile