Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Explorer Has Stopped
the free upgrade are both for windows 7 and 8.1

(04-28-2016, 09:18 PM)Compton Wrote:  the free upgrade are both for windows 7 and 8.1

I see

Update. The problem is still an issue but these steps have helped to reduce it occurrence. I hope that if this issue comes up for any one else this might help. I disabled everything in start up but my AV and Display drivers. I reinstalled all the latest Windows 7 pro updates from MS. I removed programs like Ready Share that were no longer being used.

I think it might be an indexing issue related right click menu in windows explorer. Just one of those quirks with MS.

(04-29-2016, 04:11 PM)CNCRaymond Wrote:  Update.  The problem is still an issue but these steps have helped to reduce it occurrence.  I hope that if this issue comes up for any one else this might help.  I disabled everything in start up but my AV and Display drivers.  I reinstalled all the latest Windows 7 pro updates from MS.   I removed programs like Ready Share that were no longer being used.  

I think it might be an indexing issue related right click menu in windows explorer.  Just one of those quirks with  MS.

It's nice to hear the improvement but that said, with the kind of specifications that your desktop has, it deserves to work a lot better..

I would therefore suggest a clean install of Windows 10 since now that you've already tried all the steps

I know Windows 10 has its issues but with the upcoming updates, things will be a lot better eventually and plus, it's the latest Windows

Oh I agree I will most likely have to upgrade soon. The issue I have with upgrading is that on both of my main desk top machines, after the upgrade is done it works very well until it reboots at which point the USB ports all stop functioning. I mean ALL of them. Even deleting the appropriate hardware drivers failed to bring them back on line. Even with MS tech support help, which cost me $200.00 US. ended with them just telling me to roll back. Kindly they did refund the $200.00 at that point. Now both systems are as far apart as one can get, one being the system I talk about in this video, the other being an AMD FX4100 on an ASUS 990 Sabertooth board. Both had the same exact issue. Even disabling the AI Charger and removing it from the ASUS board failed to correct the issue. I gave on trying to get Windows 10 to work on these machines and decided to wait until the last possible moment to upgrade. (Note, the the same issue also afflicts the AMD system as this system in that the right click menu while being used in windows explorer often crashes. This leads me to believe beyond a doubt that the issue is caused by MS to nudge people into updating to windows 10.)

do you want to upgrade to windows 10? you can disable it
to see if the problem goes away

prevent upgrades to Windows 10

Thank you.

You could try creating a new user account and if that takes the problem away simple transfer all your files straight a crossed
WannaBeGeek