Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 freezing
(07-28-2015, 12:13 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  There's nothing there that's overly serious.

You have multiple Hosts files, that can cause freezes/hangs at browser start up (occasionaly) but shouldn't affect the overall performance.

You do appear to be running MSE and Kaspersky not sure if that's kaspersky AV. (If so remove one, two real time AVs are not good and will definitely cause issues)

You should remove Tweakbit and Slim ware as these are not necessary and tweak it has been known to install malware.

Can you run adwcleaner https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

Select Scan.

Select Clean.

Attach the text log back here.

Can you also post a list of Start up items and Non Windows Services from the msconfig menu.
https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/m/msconfig.htm

Alright here is the log and if  I`ve done it right here is two screenshot from msconfig
the Kaspersky is or was TDSSKiller  I have removed it didn`t like the after effects ,it was removed about two months back ,I use Revo Uninstaller so there should not be any trace of it
Well I am having problems with attaching png I have done everything as before but I keep getting that error message . I click browse which opens my picture folder then I select the picture I want  and click open then I click add attachment which then after waiting for a few seconds I get the error message

# AdwCleaner v4.208 - Logfile created 28/07/2015 at 11:11:54
# Updated 09/07/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-07-26.2 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x86)
# Username : michael - MIKE-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\michael\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

Service Found : swdumon

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

File Found : C:\Users\michael\Desktop\Video Converter.lnk
File Found : C:\Windows\system32\drivers\swdumon.sys
Folder Found : C:\Program Files\TweakBit
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\TweakBit
Folder Found : C:\Users\Ann\AppData\Local\slimware utilities inc
Folder Found : C:\Users\michael\AppData\Local\slimware utilities inc
Folder Found : C:\Users\michael\AppData\Roaming\UpdaterEX

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\SlimWare Utilities Inc
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\SlimWare Utilities Inc

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17909

-\\ Google Chrome v

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1762 bytes] - [24/06/2015 22:28:13]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1373 bytes] - [28/07/2015 11:09:02]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1235 bytes] - [28/07/2015 11:11:54]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1853 bytes] - [24/06/2015 22:30:07]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1353 bytes] ##########

I notice you didn't select the Clean option any particular reason for that?

I don't know what the problem with the image upload is, it may be a file size issue (am not sure) are you able to note the non windows services and startup entries onto notepad and attach or copy / paste here?

There are still traces of Kaspersky on your system if you use Revo then always make sure to select the Advanced Option.

this video should help

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

post the logs file of process monitor after running the program

(07-28-2015, 04:14 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I notice you didn't select the Clean option any particular reason for that?

I don't know what the problem with the image upload is, it may be a file size issue (am not sure) are you able to note the non windows services and startup entries onto notepad and attach or copy / paste here?

There are still traces of Kaspersky on your system if you use Revo then always make sure to select the Advanced Option.

No need to clean everything is as it should be ,I have used this one before and had to re install my programs after letting it clean not fun
and with Revo I always use Advanced option
Tweakbit optimizes my internet connection without it I have more problems with surfing the web
Slim Ware lets me keep my drivers up to date without having to manually dig for the right ones
the image is the same size as the only one I have been able to upload and that one took several tries
Don`t make any sense to me as it is the same procedure as when I apply for employment on job sites
Browse ,open attach done
This is the only site that I have had any problems like this
Ok they took this time and I didn`t do anything different still don`t get it        
Nwiz is my Nvidia graphics

Out of the list of Startup entries the only thing that needs starting is MSE the rest can be unchecked (they will still work it's just that they wont eat up resources at start).

I don't understand why Tweakbit is needed to improve your internet as it is just snake oil. it does nothing for speed or for system optimization and can cause more problems in the long run.

But if you feel you really must have it then that is your choice.

From the list there doesn't look like there is any major issues that might attribute freezes other than a possible glitch with the Nvidia drivers, check the manufacturers site for any new ones as automated Driver checkers can sometimes offer older ones instead of the latest.

Other than that from what I can see there shouldn't be anything causing major problems.

How often do you use Registry Cleaners?

did you watch the video I post old dude 56

nothing stick out in the startup area

using registry cleaner is really bad

(07-28-2015, 05:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  did you watch the video I post  old dude 56

nothing stick out in the startup area

using registry cleaner is really bad

Ok why is using registry cleaners bad ,done properly they clean out leftover registry keys from updates that have been replaced . I haven`t run it in a while
last night I did try Linux for four hours did not have any freeze up issues
do not care much for it though ,not a fan of google ,I use it about as much as I use feminine hygiene products also could not log into all my E-mail accounts
Not my cup of tea

Quote:Ok why is using registry cleaners bad ,done properly they clean out leftover registry keys from updates that have been replaced
This is true however over time they can often remove perfectly legit and much needed reg entries depending on how powerful the Reg Cleaner is.

A prime example of a decent one would be CCleaner, it has a much lighter impact on the registry but even CCleaner when used after every session can remove necessary startup entries which may actually slow a machines startup time (if you really really care about that sort of thing).

As I said before there doesn't seem too much of an issue as to why your freezes are so long and constant.
It may be worthwhile doing a re-install (just so you're starting with absolute minimum programs and any possible corruptions have been rectified).

From what I can gather so far I would say it's either a driver issue (I did state about an Nvidia driver earlier) or one of the third party programs running in the background.
Comptons post above of SysInternals (ProcMon) would be more of an idea but only you would be able to tell as you can see what is going on during the process.

(07-28-2015, 06:59 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  
Quote:Ok why is using registry cleaners bad ,done properly they clean out leftover registry keys from updates that have been replaced
This is true however over time they can often remove perfectly legit and much needed reg entries depending on how powerful the Reg Cleaner is.

A prime example of a decent one would be CCleaner, it has a much lighter impact on the registry but even CCleaner when used after every session can remove necessary startup entries which may actually slow a machines startup time (if you really really care about that sort of thing).

As I said before there doesn't seem too much of an issue as to why your freezes are so long and constant.
It may be worthwhile doing a re-install (just so you're starting with absolute minimum programs and any possible corruptions have been rectified).

From what I can gather so far I would say it's either a driver issue (I did state about an Nvidia driver earlier) or one of the third party programs running in the background.
Comptons post above of SysInternals (ProcMon) would be more of an idea but only you would be able to tell as you can see what is going on during the process.

I have ran process monitor and there is nothing really going on when it freezes
As for Nvidia that is my video driver if I remove it I have no video
Yes I did watch the video ,had a good laugh at trying to install google desktop ,I got gooched into that one when I was running XP totally crapped out my system it fights against windows indexing changes your home page makes it near impossible to open Internet Explorer plus has loads of PUPs ,that one gooched me so bad I had to scrub my system and re-install ,and that is not something I would look forward to doing with this one ,and if I did there isn't any hint of not having the same problem
Again not wanting to seem ungrateful

I didn't say to remove the Nvidia driver but to got to Nvidia's website to see if there is an update for it.

You don't install Google Desktop that was just added into the video to show how ProcMon works.