Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Updates Windows 10 frequency
i just wanted to let you know i want to share with you guys

Microsoft always release new updates and it restarted my PC automatically & installed new updates because i forgot to change active hours

maybe i don't like to use Windows 10

Yes it is very frustrating. They do what they want when they want and there is nothing you can do about it.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

this is really not good because i forgot to save my document, i like to turn off auto sleep

Yep it's something that MS needs to address and soon.

I've been in the middle of mission critical tasks and had my machine or one of my VMs just reboot with updates because it felt like it.

Now, when I'm doing something that I need to keep my machine from doing random updates I just go to services.msc and temporarily disable the Windows Update service. It's a big pain but it's the best workaround I've found if you are doing a presentation, working in Office on an important doc, or in a meeting, etc. It's really unfortunate that they have not implemented a scheduling system that actually works.

I'm not anti-updates at all, I'm one of those that always believes being on the latest and greatest updates for Windows and Office (and most applications for that matter) is important for security and performance, but I'd like to have more granular control over when it decides to get a wild hair and just do them out of the blue, usually when I need the machine on the most. Frustrating...