Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inquiry on registry cleaning
i regulary clean out my registry using glarysoft program..the question is, is daily cleaning too much? should i scale back few days? or a week? - i want the pc to run at peak performance at all times

If it can remove malicious entries from the registry, then it would help but other than that, I don't see any positive effect that it could virtually lead to

I would not be cleaning the registry at all I do hope you make a registry backup and a system image

by cleaning registry, you are not taking the system peak performance but to the peak of Death

I would also suggest that you perform a clean install of Windows because if anything important was removed from the registry by its cleaner, issues can arise

The cleaning of the registry is just asking for problems. Please stop doing that.
WannaBeGeek

Glary Utilities is a very aggressive software suite, I would be really careful using it, or not at all...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

Yeah the others are right. Using registry cleaners causes disaster. I remember when I used it all the time and because of that I had loads of problems.

After stopping using registry cleaners, I still don't have many issues as I used to today.

So I strong suggest you avoid them.

Even CCleaner, that was one I used the most.

thx very much for your input mates.  i think i will delete icon on desktop for registry cleaner so i wont be tempted to cleanup. i think by cleaning periodically, thats what lead to the "new" folder creation in context menu to dissapear. i will make a sticky note to remind self. on a side note, after i was able to restore the folder functionality, iam impressed by the wealth of tech help i get. i think i will direct any pc related issues here. btw, i was a victim of BSOD. once was enough. never again. -that was when i had vista in 2008.

cheers. Heart

(10-16-2017, 05:29 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  thx very much for your input mates.  i think i will delete icon on desktop for registry cleaner so i wont be tempted to cleanup. i think by cleaning periodically, thats what lead to the "new" folder creation in context menu to dissapear. i will make a sticky note to remind self. on a side note, after i was able to restore the folder functionality, iam impressed by the wealth of tech help i get. i think i will direct any pc related issues here.  btw, i was a victim of BSOD. once was enough. never again. -that was when i had vista in 2008.

cheers.  Heart
We will be pleased to help

Good choice
WannaBeGeek