Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 freezing
at this point reinstalling windows 7 would be the best option

(07-29-2015, 12:20 AM)Compton Wrote:  at this point reinstall windows 7 would be the best option

At this point Normally I would be inclined to agree with you but I think it`s more likely one of the useless updates that Microsoft thinks is necessary that is causing problems and re-installing 7 isn`t going to solve the problem
Like with the notification for get windows 10 , I don`t want it and if I try to get rid of it by uninstalling the update ,it gets re-installed when I shut down my computer
Hell now that I think about it that's about the same time I started having issues
I have never liked the idea of someone deciding what programs have to be on my computer
I know security updates are necessary along with updates for the main operating system ,but let me decide what other stuff runs on my system ,if I don`t want Silverlight or some other stuff don`t put it on my computer
another reason I do NOT want to get 10 I would have even less control
and to guiltyspark :
I did not mean to say I wanted to install google desktop just that I found it funny the video was released showing how bad that program is ,although it did show case process monitor and how useful it can be

If you want shot of the Win 10 update uninstall kb3035583.

Then check for updates.

When update kb3035583 appears right click and select Hide Update.

It won't come back.

(07-29-2015, 12:03 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  If you want shot of the Win 10 update uninstall kb3035583.

Then check for updates.

When update kb3035583 appears right click and select Hide Update.

It won't come back.

Have already done that and the damn thing came back
Last night I removed several updates from windows then reboot my computer to let them re-install and so far that has helped ,I don`t have as many freeze up issues and they are shorter in length
took about three hours for them to load in and re configure ,but there is improvement

ok was the computer freezing before installing updates

I would hole off on updates for a month or 2

(07-29-2015, 08:37 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok was the computer freezing before installing updates

I would hole off on updates for a month or 2

If you are asking if I noticed any freeze up after I removed the updates I did not think to try ,I was actually mad at my computer and was desperate to try about any thing ,so I removed the updates that were installed in the past two months ,then done a re boot and sat back and let 7 do it`s stuff
I don`t know if I want to turn off updates ,because I know some are needed ,but then some are what microsoft thinks is needed to enhance my computing experience
like is Silverlight really necessary , I never had it on XP but microsoft thinks it is needed on 7
I don`t want windows defender but I can`t get rid of it ,I`ve tried but it comes back
I can dis-able it but I can`t get rid of it like the NAG for get 10 I can un-install the update but it comes back the next time I boot up
I`m not really sure if some of these are not installing properly or if they are just conflicting with each other
I know with XP I could go to windows update and see if they were installed right ,some had to be reinstalled because they didn`t install properly for what ever reason but not with 7 I haven`t found where to do this

Quote:Have already done that and the damn thing came back
Last night I removed several updates from windows then reboot my computer to let them re-install and so far that has helped ,I don`t have as many freeze up issues and they are shorter in length
took about three hours for them to load in and re configure ,but there is improvement

Strange as the win 10 never comes back on my 7 system nor does it return when update is hidden.

Must be a US thing (different net laws etc).

I think this is one we may have to give up on as without seeing what you see its very difficult to diagnose exactly, it may even be something that will eventually fix itself ( does happen for some).

(07-29-2015, 10:14 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  
Quote:Have already done that and the damn thing came back

Strange as the win 10 never comes back on my 7 system nor does it return when update is hidden.

Must be a US thing (different net laws etc).

I think this is one we may have to give up on as without seeing what you see its very difficult to diagnose exactly, it may even be something that will eventually fix itself ( does happen for some).
I am not sure about fixing itself I don`t think I`ve ever seen that happen
I do thank everyone who tried to help
I think I`ll wait and take it to get it looked at ,couple of the local shops offer free diagnostics
Again thank you to everyone who helped

First I would like to thank everyone who tried to help me with my problem
I ended up taking it to a local techie who found that for some reason it was trying to boot windows 10 while still running windows 7
After removing the windows 10 update it returned to normal
And some how I could not log on to this forum it took forever , but I`m back

Again THANK YOU (yeah I know I was shouting) but Thank You to everyone Smile

Wow!!! old dude 56, that was more than 2 years ago...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com