Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My desktop computer won't boot up.
(07-16-2017, 07:08 AM)Partha Wrote:  BigJerr, let me say that the way you replied to Compton earlier was not appreciated. If I'm not mistaken, he just wanted to make sure if you had a separate display for your regular pc

perhaps he wanted to know if that's the display you tested your vga with, which you later clarified to be the laptop's display you tested it with

Whoa. I didn't mean any sort of bad response. Sorry.

Quote:Besides, you still did not answer if you inserted the DVD into the laptop's DVD player or the desktop's DVD player.

Both. I knew it should work in the LTs. However I think the bios isn't set correctly. I'll try it now.
Also the I think the LTs DVD drive isn't burning very well came out with errors after the burn.

I'll reboot right now.

(07-16-2017, 02:59 PM)Timster Wrote:  @ BigJerr You have a desktop computer you just received that is a few years old. You state that when you press the power button the desktop powers on but the monitor (display) does absolutely nothing. This is the main problem you are having. Is what I just stated correct?

Well the monitor doesn't .get a connection from the PC AND the PC stops booting after 10 secs or so. BTW, I am using the PCs monitor right now connected to the LT.

Anyways, did you want me to take out the graphics card out of the PC to see what happens?

Does your desktop computer have 2 places to plug in your vga monitor cable as shown in the pic below?

Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(07-17-2017, 02:34 PM)Timster Wrote:  Does your desktop computer have 2 places to plug in your vga monitor cable as shown in the pic below?

Yes essentially. I also have an adapter for two serial slots to my VGA plug. (This was a custom built model, BTW.) However I have plugged the VGA connector into that VGA plug and it still didn't work.

Also, the slots near the VGA port also has the two "serial ports" and they gave me an adapter from parallel - VGA. That the combination I use. Let me see if I can post an image of the back of my system also.

Wait a minute. So are you saying that you were able to play the DVD from the DVD player connected to your desktop's motherboard?

(07-17-2017, 03:06 PM)Partha Wrote:  Wait a minute. So are you saying that you were able to play the DVD from the DVD player connected to your desktop's motherboard?

No. I was able to put a DVD in but it went through the partial boot.

BTW, I'm having a tough time getting the image of the back of my computer to post. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Anyway, did you want me to take the GC out again then try to boot?

(07-17-2017, 03:44 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  No.  I was able to put a DVD in but it went through the partial boot.
Okay, what exactly do you mean by the partial boot? Did you see something on the display when you put the DVD in?

(07-17-2017, 03:50 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 03:44 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  No.  I was able to put a DVD in but it went through the partial boot.
Okay, what exactly do you mean by the partial boot? Did you see something on the display when you put the DVD in?

Nothing. it starts for about ten seconds or so then it seems to stop.

BTW, I think you guys are awesome for sticking with me on this.

(07-17-2017, 03:44 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 03:06 PM)Partha Wrote:  Wait a minute. So are you saying that you were able to play the DVD from the DVD player connected to your desktop's motherboard?

No.  I was able to put a DVD in but it went through the partial boot.

BTW, I'm having a tough time getting the image of the back of my computer to post.  I don't think it's that big of a deal.

The link below will show you how to post pics in the forum.

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=644
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(07-17-2017, 03:59 PM)BigJerr Wrote:  Nothing. it starts for about ten seconds or so then it seems to stop.

BTW, I think you guys are awesome for sticking with me on this.
We're always there to help and, I am sorry that I misjudged your reply to Compton. So please explain what exactly are you referring to that starts for about ten seconds

Still can'the transfer it over to my LT to post it here. Anyways, the back of the PC looks similar to your image but mine has a bunch me connections.