Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you make your computer run faster?
(08-11-2016, 03:03 PM)Britec Wrote:  You can retrieve AVG licence key by using this link

or you can use How to find your license number or product key

oh ok thanks Smile
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

(08-11-2016, 06:34 AM)Partha Wrote:  Hi wolfpack103,

Like Double clutch wrote, there could be performance issues like this due to corrupted or outdated drivers and so first make sure that they're updated

If the RAM usage is still high after updating the drivers, I would like you to remove some programs to check if they are indirectly or directly causing performance issues

This is just for troubleshooting purposes and you can always reinstall them if you wish. So anyway, let's begin......

I would like you to start by removing AVG, K9 filter, Malwarebytes, Skype, Java, and these unknown files called SuperBoost Updater and Monitor.exe

If monitor.exe does not show up as an installed program, open the process explorer, right click on monitor.exe and select "Kill Process tree"

Next, restart the pc, open the process explorer and see if those processes are running in the background. If they are removed properly, they should not run

So basically what I want to know is how your RAM performs without AVG, k9,  Malwarebytes,  Skype,  Java,  Superboost updater and Monitor.exe

ok so I uninstalled the products you said and my ram is at 50% now.

Could you please upload pics like before of the processes?

(08-11-2016, 06:36 PM)Partha Wrote:  Could you please upload pics like before of the processes?

?

it seems like a lots of people haven problems with Windows 10 than older operating systems

(08-11-2016, 09:29 PM)f23948 Wrote:  it seems like a lots of people haven problems with Windows 10 than older operating systems

Yeah it seems.

Wolfpack103 How is everything going? Is your memory still high? And are you experiencing any other issues since the update of drivers? I see that it's down to 50%
WannaBeGeek

(08-12-2016, 12:35 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  Wolfpack103 How is everything going? Is your memory still high? And are you experiencing any other issues since the update of drivers? I see that it's down to 50%

I have decided that I want to reset windows FULLY. Can someone show me how to reset windows without any reset disks?

Yes. I will be right back with instruction.

From the desktop Left click windows logo. Left click settings. Left click update and security. Left click recovery. Left click reset  this PC  choose the option you want. Before you start how did you install windows 10? Some people like tutorials better so I included this one. https://goo.gl/sA5myc
WannaBeGeek

I was asking you to upload the screenshots capturing the processes running in your computer, so that we could've seen which processes were taking up most of the memory this time

Nevertheless, I would say that you have made a wise decision of resetting your PC and by the way, you don't need for a disk for this

If you start from scratch and keep a watchful eye every time you install something new, you would be able to identify what could cause the high usage, if that happens again

I would advise the option to reset by selecting "Remove everything". It would ask if you want to remove all the files from all the drives or just the drive where Windows is

Make sure you select just the drive where your Windows is installed so that just that drive is wiped in the process. To be on the safer side, disconnect all the other drives before starting the reset process

For details, please refer the article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options