Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Search Pretty Womans from...
Last Post: Magi_Fox
05-22-2024, 10:09 AM
Search Sexy Womans from y...
Last Post: kalpeshdeora1006
05-22-2024, 08:26 AM
Search Womans in your tow...
Last Post: MacTavish
05-21-2024, 04:55 AM
Humans Have Been Around F...
Last Post: Desperado91
05-08-2024, 03:09 PM
Unsurpassed Сasual Dating...
Last Post: bubuxem
05-08-2024, 08:29 AM
How The Rosetta Stone Unl...
Last Post: kalpeshdeora1006
05-06-2024, 05:04 PM
[Unsurpassed Сasual Datin...
Last Post: IBOSONIC
05-06-2024, 02:28 PM
Antimatter
Last Post: roya
05-06-2024, 04:30 AM
Let's talk Photography!
Last Post: MacTavish
05-06-2024, 04:04 AM
Scale of the Universe
Last Post: TaddyBear
05-05-2024, 11:45 PM

Forum Statistics
» Members: 10,801,   » Latest member: bobbybutt,   » Forum threads: 4,235,   » Forum posts: 30,474,  
Full Statistics

How to turn off Bing from internal search engine
Posted by: TopFreeware - 09-08-2014, 02:59 PM - Forum: Windows 8 - Replies (2)

WIN 8.1 - HOW TO TURN OFF BING FROM THE INTERNAL SEARCH ENGINE

I don’t want to do an internet search for something that is located on my Win 8 machine.
By default, if you do a search on your win 8 machine, it also displays pages that refer to what you are searching for from the internet.
I really despise this. This is something new for a Win operating system and I’m not a fan of Bing search either.
So, how do you turn this feature off?

1. Hover your mouse on the top right of your screen, to show the charms bar on the right hand side.
2. Select and click the settings icon (near the bottom).
3. Select and click the “Change PC Settings”.
4. Select and click “Search & Apps”. Then on the right under “Get search suggestions and web results from Bing”, select and click the little slider to turn it off.

Now when you do a search it will only be done from your local machine.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Happy to be here
Posted by: WaWa - 09-08-2014, 08:56 AM - Forum: New Member Introductions - Replies (11)

My name is Walter and I am from Brussels, Belgium. I have been dealing with computers since 1979. So you can guess that I am rather 'old' At the time of writing 71... I was given a first opportunity to work for a multinational company. Followed were three more, one at the beginning of the 80’s, with a product that had been heavily computerized, with large wall-filling machines for text and image manipulation. PhotoShop Avant-la-lettre. Then, 300 MB was a lot! A disc drive was as big as a washingmachine! A service engineer was armed with a smoking soldering pistol. Everywhere I was part of senior management, even VP in a multi-million $ company. Had to travel a lot for business, training and lectures. Also, often, I had to reside relatively long time abroad, from Scandinavia to the Middle East and from Russia to Canada and the U.S. I am still surprised about the capabilities of today’s Pc’s. Now finally, I have rest but I keep myself busy with interesting hobbies:
►Frustrated by the short electric range of my Pius-II automobile, I decided to transform my 2008 Prius into a plug-in hybrid with 100 km / 60 miles electric range - instead of 1.5 km. - with all Hybrid functionalities unaltered.
Therefore I used 2040 18650-type batteries in following configuration:
30 clusters of 3.6 V, 2.2 Ah in parallel (= 66 Ah) from these: 68 in series to arrive at 244.8 V. ► 244.8 V x 68 Ah = 16156 Wh = 16.15 kWh ◄
In order to install the battery pack, I got help from an electro-mechanic, Nico de Visser, from Eindhoven in the Netherlands. The Prius was finished with a plug under the rear bumper in order to be able to charge easily from the grid (you can see that in the pictures-link). The battery pack is nicely put under the trunk-panel so the cargo space remains unaltered. The cooling of the battery pack is taken care of by the blower that sucks air from the cabin at a higher speed with a thermostat.
So, my Prius doesn’t use any gasoline during normal day-by-day usage, since it is never more than 60 miles. This means I can go for several weeks without using a drop of gasoline. Still, I do 15.000 km / 10.000 miles/year.
To see a lot of pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cbfr9gbmu5wwuds/AAC9FXrN6NAHoaVSLvTyr9y_a

also:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cbfr9gbmu5wwuds/AACanaxKcPr9rDT5gQdeNqIpa/Artikel

I had my reasons to keep myself busy with this project. If I may, I would like to make you understand why: I had a very active professional life in a high-tech business. I am now retired since five years or so, and in order not to end up in a ‘black hole’, I had to compensate for the sudden stop of being busy. Therefore, I joined a small group running a computer help-site for people with problems on their Pc (we do this free of charge – as a hobby). I would be pleased if from time to time I could help some visitors here, although it may be me asking for help more often...
At the same time I spent – almost obsessively - a lot of my free time on the internet looking for information on electrifying my Prius. Once knowing how to deal with it, I looked for proper help as I did not have a good workshop and all the necessary tools to end up with a decent product. Another six months of so went by until we had a working system. In doing so, I am sure that I avoided a depression or at least an uncomfortable time.
As I said before, I now enjoy driving a quiet car and also (almost) never have to make a stop at a service station. I make a middle finger to the gas-stations and the sheiks, while I treat my car like my cellphone by connecting it practically every evening to the grid and have it ready in the morning for 62 miles in EV for $ 2.00. On longer trips my fuel consumption is only 1/3th of before (now: 2L/100 km | 120 miles/USgallon) , due to a more efficient use by having 16.3 kWh of battery capacity.

A bit long, maybe...

Kindest regards,
Walter

Hobbies are/were: Scuba diving, Travel, Gadgets, Electric Plug-in Cars, and PC.

Print this item

windows 8.1 Pro fail to boot when adding Hard Drive
Posted by: moemedimrtn - 09-08-2014, 07:06 AM - Forum: Windows 8 - Replies (9)

I have done Dual Boot with wind 8.1 and 7 on 500 HD. Durring this dual boot i removed 2TB HDD.

Problem occurs when i add back 2TB HDD Drive.

Windows 8.1 fail to boot again... But when i remove 2TB HDD Drive it works.

How can i force wind 8.1 to see the 2TB HDD Drive like windows 7...? without formating...

Print this item

Welcome back! Enjoy your stay
Posted by: TopFreeware - 09-08-2014, 02:50 AM - Forum: New Member Introductions - Replies (3)

First I would like to congratulate Brian on bringing the forum back.
Some people here would remember his old forum a couple of years ago and how helpful it was for computer technicians and the general public.

I was one of the lucky ones that was apart of that.

About me:
I own the site Top Freeware and it has been up since 2005.
I am also a computer technician and web designer located in South Australia.

I'm sure this forum will grow quickly Smile

Print this item

Hosts file locations for Windows
Posted by: TopFreeware - 09-08-2014, 01:19 AM - Forum: Security, Viruses, Trojans & Malware Removal - Replies (5)

Sometimes when malware get's on your computer you need to edit the hosts file afterwards, so that you can control access to websites and network traffic.

Here is the location you need:

Open this file location as an admin and use notepad to open and edit it.
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

In the case you would like to use some software to manage it you can use the free HostsMan program.

Print this item

Test Macrium Reflect Free backup image with Virtualbox
Posted by: TopFreeware - 09-08-2014, 12:23 AM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (1)

Create image of system with Macrium Reflect Free.
Convert image to vhd using Macrium Reflect Free. (Found under the "Other Tasks" menu heading on top of window)
Save to another attached hd.
Insert vhd into VirtualBox and configure appropriate settings.
Install Guest additions.
Run VM.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4]

Print this item

Malware Information
Posted by: Britec - 09-07-2014, 11:43 PM - Forum: Security, Viruses, Trojans & Malware Removal - Replies (1)

Malware Information:

Here are some great articles on malware, do you know any more you would like to add? send the link to a admin or moderator and we can add it to the list. 

Print this item

Legit Windows 7 ISO Downloads
Posted by: RADDY1993 - 09-07-2014, 09:46 PM - Forum: Windows 7 - Replies (5)

Print this item

Hello
Posted by: Rick13 - 09-07-2014, 09:46 PM - Forum: New Member Introductions - Replies (2)

Hello everyone,

I am living in the nederlands.
My English language is not great.
Sorry.

I am interested in removing Malware
Different experts from The nederlands are teaching me.
For Example: making batch files, Windows registery, reading logfiles, use malware tools and so on

Big Grin

Print this item

Forum is looking good
Posted by: RADDY1993 - 09-07-2014, 09:31 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Just wanna say what a great job you guys are doing here, i now have somewhere to go where i can get a straight answer without some little kids talking crap Smile.

Print this item