Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-27-2015, 11:51 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry these commands only work for Windows 8, forgot you was on Windows 7.

1. Type: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
  2. Next Type: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
I think your only option is Repair install to fix corrupt windows files, if that don't work, its going to be a fresh install.

here is the image that i was trying to explain to you
OK so sfc /scannow works and comes back with verification 100% complete.  Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) would of been scanned? what issue are you having with Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe)?
(05-28-2015, 10:29 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]OK so sfc /scannow works and comes back with verification 100% complete.  Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) would of been scanned? what issue are you having with Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe)?

because i have tried other computer, if i typed "sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\dwm.exe", says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" but my says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" can you try it yours?
Nope, it don't work on mine.
(05-28-2015, 09:51 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, it don't work on mine.

you mean it says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" when you typed "sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\dwm.exe" too?
(05-29-2015, 10:08 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]No it says 

Try reading this post on windowsclub Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

thanks for the image, i don't know why why it says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" when i typed "sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\dwm.exe" but it says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" when i typed "sfc /scannow", oh well. thanks for trying help me

thread closed
Solved - Thread Closed
Pages: 1 2 3