Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: one of my flash drives is corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i wanted to access a flash drive and found over 16GB of miscellanous folders have been replaced with weird symbols, letters and numbers ..like this

&^%$RRED)KHY#@ᴚࢰᴪὤᾳﬗϠϨ

i suspect its been hijacked? many items arent that important..i was going to format anyway. but i cant do that, message said the flash drive is write protected. what the? is there a program that can allow me to format it?

Usually when you see folder with a label simular to the one you showed us &^%$RRED)KHY#@ᴚࢰᴪὤᾳﬗϠϨ
Means there are files that weren't successfully copied to the usb so it adds those folders .

But yeah back up files that you need and format the device.
can you upload a screenshot please
here it is. btw, i tried watching some videos on fixing this without success. also note that this usb i was using it on my tablet. and some kind of entity rewrote everything and now its write protected. could of been an app. because most apps on tablet has permission to read and delete stuff from external usb..which is something i cant avoid, taking a chance..because most of the time any files on flash isnt deleted /replaced by said app

[attachment=3344]
are you using USB flash drive?

i looked in registry and saw there wasnt "storage device properties" so as instructed by a video, i added it. and made sure the value was 0. but even that didnt do anything. must be some kind of agressive form of hijacking. unlike the pc, my tablet doesnt have a good anti virus to protect usbs when i need to connect and transfer stuff from tablet to the flash. recuva couldnt recover because like i said, its write protected. so theres nothing i can do. ill just destroy the usb.
You might want to do a full format of that usb
but how? i tried every which way. its some kind of aggressive hijacking. i made a note, never plug in flash drive into handheld devices. for fear of unknowns rewriting all the data.
Use USB Vaccine  this will stop the USB and allow you to format.
Pages: 1 2