Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: disable Windows 10 Update Assistant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hi

how do you disable Windows 10 Update Assistant? i have win 10.0.10240.after the update i get "page fault in nonpaged area" i read that it might be an issue with with my ram.

thanks
josh
But why would you want to disable the Windows 10 update assistant?
(11-11-2017, 07:00 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]But why would want to disable the Windows 10 update assistant?

any way to fix "page fault in nonpaged area" ?
(11-11-2017, 07:06 PM)joshww Wrote: [ -> ]any way to fix "page fault in nonpaged area" ?
Well, your Windows version is not the latest and the error could be a result of an interrupted update. I would like you to run the update assistant and let it install the updates  first
(11-11-2017, 07:17 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2017, 07:06 PM)joshww Wrote: [ -> ]any way to fix "page fault in nonpaged area" ?
Well, your Windows version is not the latest and the error could be a result of an interrupted update. I would like you to run the update assistant and let it install the updates  first
Awesome! Let it install all the updates and finally, you will be asked to restart the computer
(11-11-2017, 07:41 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! Let it install all the updates and finally, you will be asked to restart the computer

what should I do when i get that error after i reboot?
(11-11-2017, 07:47 PM)joshww Wrote: [ -> ]what should I do when i get that  error after i reboot?
Let's keep that for later. It's critical to install updates and so let's do that first
(11-11-2017, 08:04 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2017, 07:47 PM)joshww Wrote: [ -> ]what should I do when i get that  error after i reboot?
Let's keep that for later. It's critical to  install updates and so let's do that first

it finished and it went to the desktop and then i got a light blue screen that had a sad face and said "page fault in nonpaged area in win32base.sys"
post bosd reports if you can

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=840

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=2785

also run

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
Pages: 1 2 3 4