Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If it's been happening for years it's obviously hardware related, and if they've come and "fixed" it numerous times but still the issue occurs tell them to send you a new router as the firmware or router's hardware could be pretty much verging on FUBAR.
I would have agreed what happening is when the ISP setup router/ modem and save settings

when the modem/router power off itself it's forgetting what settings it had save
With my isp you can simply walk in with your modem/router and tell them you want a replacement. Can you do that with your isp? If so I would go for that.

Does your DSL setup use filters in your home? Those are easy to replace. You can also test the lines in your home yourself with a toner or a buttset.

[attachment=3107]
The dreaded filters, hate them things, thankfully don't get them with VirginMedia 
does your modem or router failing?
No i dont have any filters as shown in the picture.

The isp tech that installed my internet setup drilled a hole through the wall in my room that goes all the way through to the outside of my house.

On the out side of my house a box that connects to another little box inside my room(the box outside is connected to the little box inside my room) the little box has a female ethernet hookup that has a green ethernet cord that runs from the little box to my modem. Other than that i have no idea.
ya the tech probably install an external filter or internal filter

as suggested call them to replace the router /modem

when the tech comes tell him or her you would like to a test with another modem because its donkey years you having that problem

I probably would not say donkey years but sometimes I do feel telling them tech's that but the nicer part come out of me lol
I have this kind of trouble with my internet as well. Sometimes the DSL light on router was off, only the power light on. Sometimes the router was fine, I still saw internet connected in my laptop, but I just could not surf any website, it kept saying no internet connection! kinda annoying.
Then what I usually do is try to fix in network and sharing center, or turn off router for 1 minutes, then connect again. I also restart my laptop if necessary, cause in cases it is the laptop problem that cannot connect internet.
Alright thank you everyone. We can close the thread
So what was the issue?
Pages: 1 2 3