Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Britec Questions and Answers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-06-2017, 06:54 AM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]What free firewall is worthy for windows?

I watched one of you reviews on firewalls but the only ones that were good seemed like komodo and the one I wanted was called online armor but they discontinued.

The default Windows Firewall works really well. If you want to opt for a third-party firewall, ZoneAlarm's firewall is something I would recommend.
I got 2 questions?

What are the specs for your main rig? ( I am suprised why no asks this Huh )

Did you install windows in UEFI Mode or Legacy Mode?
i already found a firewall that i use on other systems rather then windows 10 and thats zone alarm. thank you though
When adding a blank hard drive for extra storage and to place the pagefile on, is it better to use full format or quick format?
smirk24 its best to start a new thread with question
I get asked the same questions over and over. So I created a page on my site to answer the most common ones I get. If you don't see your answer to your question, please feel free to post your question to me below. 
Britec Questions and Answers
I heard that instead of using the sector size of 512 to use 4k and in return youll receive better performance while using mechanical drives is this true?
Britec have you tried any petya or satana ransomware on windows 8 and 8.1 and then windows 10 all versions with the uefi enabled and the legacy boot off?
No, I have only tested them samples on a virtual machine
(07-15-2017, 12:28 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]No, I have only tested them samples on a virtual machine

You cant use uefi in a virtual box?
Pages: 1 2 3 4