Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Boot Loop (Ran Into Problem/Restart In...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hello everyone. I'm in need of your help with a Windows 10 Boot Loop problem. My laptop was working fine just a few minutes ago and then I receive a message saying "Windows ran into a problem. Your computer will restart in X seconds. Save work." I thought it was strange but I let it restart. Then, once I logged backed in, in the matter of seconds my laptop reboots. I looked up solutions to this problem and the number one step is to go into safe mode. However, I tried booting into safe mode by pressing/then holding the F8 key during the reboot. It did nothing. I can't access my Start Menu or any other place on my laptop. It shows the message every time I log in and it's a black background (no icons). I could really use any suggestions. If you need any other information, I'll try and find it. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure why I can't edit my post, but I'm going to add more info here. My laptop is on Windows 10, 64bit, it was originally Windows 8. I don't believe I made any changes in regards with software/drivers. However, I did watch some YouTube videos on making your computer run smoother. I changed some Power Options, disabled some Services, downloaded a Malware protection software and CCleaner. This just started today a few minutes before the first post. I can't get into safe mode. I have my laptop turned off at the moment. It is a VAIO laptop and its model is SVF152C29L.
what video did you watch on YouTube can you post a link

select troubleshoot

select Advanced options

select safe mode with networking

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png] Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

This is the video I watched. It's quite lengthy. https://youtube.com/watch?v=20XlwFb_XwA (If this link isn't working (because I'm using a mobile right now so the link may not work on a computer) then just Google "Make Computer Faster Windows 10" and it's by Haig Dickson.) Also, I can't access safe mode so I can't follow any of those steps.
try How to access safe mode when you cannot access the operating system
after booting into safe mode with networking please run a scan with

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png] Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
Update: I got into safe mode with networking and I ran the threat scan. Unfortunately, it was near completion and then my laptop shut off. I'm going to run the scan again.
did Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware finds any malware during the scan before the laptop shut off?
It didn't finish so it didn't say any Malware was detected (the first scan). However, this second scan has found malware. I'm on a mobile right now because my laptop cannot connect to my WiFi for some reason. I'm trying to think of way to transfer this file offline.
it seems a lots of people haven problems using windows 10
I still haven't found a way to transfer the files, however, I took pictures. They're not great, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to help. I just tried to post them in a reply, but the images were too large. See https://imgur.com/a/LqmQ8 for the pictures. I believe the first photo is at the bottom of the album.
ok you have some pretty serious malware TrojanSathurbot!
I can see malware bytes quarantined it reboot your system check to see if you can boot back into windows
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12