Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
windows update question
hey guys I have a question I am using win 7 and I just wiped my system and I am in the process of installing updates. I am wondering lets say 1 update failed to install. do I need to wipe my whole system again or can i try the update again? this is just a general question not related to a specific update. I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

i would try install update again to see if it is successful

if it fails then I would disable any antivirus program  then try again

if it fails  I would wait a few days then try again.

I would not wipe the system

Thanks for your help.

(01-29-2018, 02:12 PM)Gabe_G Wrote:  hey guys I have a question I am using win 7 and I just wiped my system and I am in the process of installing updates. I am wondering lets say 1 update failed to install. do I need to wipe my whole system again or can i try the update again? this is just a general question not related to a specific update. I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

Copy the update that failed to install and paste it into google or microsofts update catolog download the update (after you have verified the update is being downloaded from the actual microsoft website) once the update is completely downloaded then install it to your system