Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPU usage high
Hello everyone,

I have a windows 7 64bit systems with 16GB of RAM and its been a week now that every time I login to the system the CPU usage goes to 40% with out opening window, I open the task manager to check under processes just to check what is causing this problem and the only Image name that is a little high was the explore.exe at 38 but this is normal, before it was reading the same thing and the CPU usage was running at 10%. Do you guys think I have a virus? Is there a tool that I can run to find out what it causing my CPU usage to go from 10% to 40 and sometime 50%.

Thank you in advance.

Ernest

Can you post a pic of task manager running processes at the time of recurring issue please?

Take screenshot using Snipping Tool

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png]Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

(08-16-2017, 09:51 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Can you post a pic of task manager running processes at the time of recurring issue please?

Hi GuiltySpark, here is the pic of Task Manager....

(08-16-2017, 11:28 AM)Compton Wrote:  Take screenshot using Snipping Tool

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png]Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

Hi Compton, I will download that malware and run it. Thank you.

Hi ernestad,

I would like you perform a clean boot and see if the CPU is still high:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

ernestad, can you open up task manager again go to the process's tab again but click on show process's from all users (located at the the bottom left hand side ) and then take a picture.

(08-17-2017, 09:25 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  ernestad, can you open up task manager again go to the process's tab again but click on show process's from all users (located at the the bottom left hand side ) and then take a picture.

Hi Smirk24, last night I run couple of antivirus program, reboot the system and rebooting the system the problem stopped.

Thank you guys for all your help. Very much appreciated.

(08-18-2017, 05:17 AM)ernestad Wrote:  
(08-17-2017, 09:25 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  ernestad, can you open up task manager again go to the process's tab again but click on show process's from all users (located at the the bottom left hand side ) and then take a picture.

Hi Smirk24, last night I run couple of antivirus program, reboot the system and rebooting the system the problem stopped.

Thank you guys for all your help. Very much appreciated.

Thats good to know. Im glad you solved your problem.

The show all processes i asked you to click on shows you all the processes running on your computer and if you click on one of the cpu,memory etc itill make it to where the process that is using most of your resource you chose go to the top. I just thought id share.

Again im glad you solved your problem.

just a word of advice you should not be running more one anti-virus because it can cause a system conflict