Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My drivers given to me from microsft are old but i see drivers in my list of updates
Windows updates has offered me new updates for my drivers but when i check the date of the drivers the dates are identical to the drivers i already have.

And snappy driver says theres better drivers for the ones i already have.

Since my drivers are up to date and i dont have any missing drivers should i just ignore the driver given to me from windows updates and snappy?

Check on station-drivers (no I'm not advertising them but seriously they're amazing. Trustworthy and all their drivers are up to date, sometimes even beating the ones on Intel's website for example 'cause they mostly get them from OEM's like Dell, HP etc.) if there's a new one for your stuff (especially if you have those asmedia controllers). That site never failed me once (although if you have older hardware chances are you're gonna have to look elsewhere)

BTW I'd advise at least upgrading to 8.1, W7 is pretty much broken to the core now.

I would not update the driver with windows or snappy driver

if it's not broken don't fix i

Compton, i was just curious because i hear from all over the place that its important to have the latest drivers but i found out the hard way before that installing drivers that arent missing from device manager will cause a lot of problems. But thanks guys we can close the thread.

if you have no update from the manufacturer of driver I would not update the driver using windows or snappy driver

because what can happen, driver can stop working