Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't boot to windows 7 after a successful installation
Hello Britec Support Team,

My brother Ian wanted to talk about an issue that has occurred to his laptop. This is what he has to say:

I have a Samsung series 7 Chronos 700z laptop with windows 7 installed. It works perfectly fine with 1 annoying problem: I can't proceed to Windows 7 until a bootable usb drive is inserted, it will load the USB installer black screen "press any button to start the windows installation" by not pressing any key I am able to go ahead and login into windows 7 with no problem.

But I did a mistake by solving the problem myself, reinstalling Windows with a new Windows installer through USB, I was able to successfully install windows 7 by deleting all partitions and create new partition. After successful installation of Windows on the primary partition i noticed that when restarting the computer I can't proceed to Windows 7 installation continuation anymore. Still got the same problem.

1. Without pulling the USB installer, it will keep loading the Windows Setup recursively.

2. Pulling the USB installer will load the Windows Boot manager menu with two tabs
  a. Boot menu with entries, SATA HDD and SATA CD, (even when i press "enter" on entries it doesn't do anything)
  b. App menu with Setup option which takes to BIOS).

BTW, I also tried to change BIOS options from Windows 8 defaults to Legacy defaults, also tried to disable fast bios mode, but no luck.

Now i don't have my laptop to work.

Please suggest possible solutions.

Best Regards

Post your System/Computer Specs using the Speccy and How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting links

(02-17-2017, 03:07 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Post your System/Computer Specs using the Speccy and How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting links

With all due respect, both of those options are not possible.

Reason being the computer is not usable in terms of logging into windows.

Do you have any other suggestions of showing the system specs?

(02-17-2017, 03:25 PM)Kazuhira95 Wrote:  
(02-17-2017, 03:07 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Post your System/Computer Specs using the Speccy and How to Get System Information for Diagnostics and Troubleshooting links

With all due respect, both of those options are not possible.

Reason being the computer is not usable in terms of logging into windows.

Do you have any other suggestions of showing the system specs?
Opps, sorry I forgot that is was not bootable, never mind got the info from Feb description you provided.

ok what program did you use to create installation media on the flash drive?

title change from

Stuck at Bootmenu/Appmenu

to

can't boot to windows 7 after a successful installation

(02-17-2017, 04:48 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok what program did you use to create installation media on the flash drive?

From what it looks like from his USB, he used the "Media Creation Tool" to create the installation media.

(02-19-2017, 10:50 AM)Kazuhira95 Wrote:  
(02-17-2017, 04:48 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok what program did you use to create installation media on the flash drive?

From what it looks like from his USB, he used the "Media Creation Tool" to create the installation media.
With Windows 7, there is no media creation tool, you can only download it. With Windows 8.1 and 10, you can. Could you please check with him

Many thanks

RECdevicehelper

Quote:But I did a mistake by solving the problem myself, reinstalling Windows with a new Windows installer through USB, I was able to successfully install windows 7 by deleting all partitions and create new partition. After successful installation of Windows on the primary partition i noticed that when restarting the computer I can't proceed to Windows 7 installation continuation anymore. Still got the same problem.

I don't understand, you solved the problem yourself?
If it was solved why is there an issue?

In order to install Win 7 on a Win 8 system you would have to disable Secure Boot, UEFI, and possibly CSM. As a result it sounds like Win Bootloader is still looking for Win 8.

A fresh install completely would be best by noting the PK you currently have for Win 7 and going through the BIOS to set everything for Legacy systems, then wiping the drive completely (not just the partitions as some are hidden) and installing Win 7 that way.

If you don't have a PK for Win 7 you will have to purchase one from MS.

(02-19-2017, 11:06 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  
(02-19-2017, 10:50 AM)Kazuhira95 Wrote:  

With Windows 7, there is no media creation tool, you can only download it. With Windows 8.1 and 10, you can. Could you please check with him

Many thanks

RECdevicehelper

I have just checked with him, windows 7 no MCT. With windows 8 and 10 yes. He said tried to reinstall many times already but still the result has not changed.

(02-19-2017, 12:47 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  
Quote:But I did a mistake by solving the problem myself, reinstalling Windows with a new Windows installer through USB, I was able to successfully install windows 7 by deleting all partitions and create new partition. After successful installation of Windows on the primary partition i noticed that when restarting the computer I can't proceed to Windows 7 installation continuation anymore. Still got the same problem.

I don't understand, you solved the problem yourself?
If it was solved why is there an issue?

In order to install Win 7 on a Win 8 system you would have to disable Secure Boot, UEFI, and possibly CSM. As a result it sounds like Win Bootloader is still looking for Win 8.

A fresh install completely would be best by noting the PK you currently have for Win 7 and going through the BIOS to set everything for Legacy systems, then wiping the drive completely (not just the partitions as some are hidden) and installing Win 7 that way.

If you don't have a PK for Win 7 you will have to purchase one from MS.

I think you have misunderstood the problem here. He tried to solve the problem himself but it did not work out and it lead to more problems which is recursively booting back to the "Bootmenu/Appmenu" after reinstalling whatever windows.

He already tried everything he can think of such as that you mentioned in the BIOS.

The problem does not lie in any of the installers, it is in the system itself. (#the SSD drive is new)

Why do you think it also involves the SSD drive since it is a new one? (wiping it as we speak).