Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
might be infected
first time posting here so not sure if im in the right place. looking for help in cleaning out my computer. just to slow and programs not starting up as they should, broken icon (especially malwarebytes), not updating on startup as set to. a lot of (not responding). more info on request. again not sure if im in the right place.
thank you in advance

Hi 818DB

Can you download and run DDS and post both logs back here please.

Thank You Smile

(11-03-2014, 03:18 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Hi 818DB

Can you download and run DDS and post both logs back here please.

Thank You Smile

thank you for your quick response. here are the attachments

Attached Files
.txt   attach.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt   dds.txt (Size: 23.51 KB / Downloads: 3)

Well going over the logs it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.

To be sure run Emsisoft Emergency Scanner

Then download adwcleaner

Select Scan.

Select Clean.

Restart computer and post the log back here.

Finally download and run TDSSKiller and report back.

ok will do. ill get back to you later today. gotta get some things done. thank you again

ok did the Emsisoft Emergency Scanner, that came up clean. here are the ADWcleaner and TDSSkiller reports attached.

Attached Files
.txt   AdwCleaner[S0].txt (Size: 4.12 KB / Downloads: 3)
.zip   TDSSKiller.3.0.0.41_03.11.2014_15.42.49_log.zip (Size: 49.22 KB / Downloads: 1)

adwcleaner removed a few things one of which was a softonic search engine (softonic has a reputation for installing Unwanted programs PUP's).
It also deleted a few toolbars installed by AVG (not a problem as toolbars aren't really necessary anyway).

TDSSKiller shows no infections.

It looks like you are clean although (and this is my personal preference only) I would remove AVG TuneUp Utilities as these optimization tools tend to cause more problems on todays operating systems. But if you wish to keep it and are happy with it then it's entirely your preference Smile

Uninstall adwcleaner.

Download CCleaner and run the cookie clean, remove all the cookies it finds (you will have to close your browser for this, and bare in mind that session cookies will likely be removed as well so you will have to log in to your favourite sites again).

As with all downloads, if offered always choose Custom Install and de-select any offers you do not wish to be installed... toolbars, browsers etc. Smile

ok will keep all this in mind. so no real reason why i get broken icons (especially the malwarebytes one)?
that really troubles me

also noticed a couple of times, i turn on the computer and when i get to the desktop it says, "restart your computers for changes to take place". its as if i did a change in MSCONFIG.

ok if you say its clean then ill take your word for it. thank you so much for your time and effort. have a great rest of your day

Is the broken link just a shortcut link?

its broken on desktop, in taskbar, and in start menu, so i do the cache delete and it comes back but a few days later its broken again. also it doesnt update every day on its own. i gotta do it manually at times.