Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are there problems with windows after a clean installation?
RECdevicehelper ' Wrote:  Cheers Partha!
Cheers! Did you try it?

(10-11-2016, 06:37 PM)Partha Wrote:  
RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Cheers Partha!
Cheers! Did you try it?
I will try it on a virtual machine later!

Okay. Keep us updated.

(10-11-2016, 09:44 PM)Partha Wrote:  Okay. Keep us updated.
I will, I will try to do it at the weekend!

Partha, from your last message:
Partha Wrote:From the recovery environment,  delete one of the partitions of drive 0

The idea is to keep just one partition of the drive

Next,  format the drive and then install
I am doing it right!, I deleted all the partitions,  created new ones, it created a windows and system reserved. I deleted the system reserved, it is  now an unallocated space. Please see the image below:

.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 82.98 KB / Downloads: 63)
Disk 0 Partition 1 Windows drive
Unallocated space: system reserved
From the image, I have done it correctly?

yes its correct that image is from my virtual machine

.png   2016-10-15 08_00_23-compton Windows 7 - VMware Workstation.png (Size: 185.13 KB / Downloads: 57)

Delete the "Disk 0 Partition 1" so that you are left with just the unallocated space, and then proceed with the install

Okay guys,

thank you for all your advice, I really appreciate it Smile

I have one more question. Is it better to just format the Windows drive and click next to install? Or should I delete all the partitions and click next to install on the unallocated space?

ok your question is should you format the hole hard drive or just the windows partition

well that would depend on the situation at hand how many partitions are on the hard drive

is its hp dell computer/laptop and so on because remember with a manufacturer computer you will have a recovery partition

in that case you would not format the hold drive if it is a custom build pc with just the windows partition then yes

format the hole hard drive but at the end of the day you should be ok with just formatting the windows partition

(11-06-2016, 02:39 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok your question is should you format the hole hard drive or just the windows partition

well that would depend on the situation at hand how many partitions are on the hard drive  

is its hp dell computer/laptop and so on because remember with a manufacturer computer you will have a recovery partition

in that case you would not format the hold drive if it is a custom build pc with just the windows partition then yes

format the hole hard drive but at the end of the day you should be ok with just formatting the windows partition
ok Cheers Compton