Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Gentlemen, question for ya, I reserved the Windows 10 install, however I am going to do more research before I actually install it. My question is, if you know, Would I be able to revert back to Windows 8.1 Pro in the event I am not satisfied? and if you think I would, would my recovery partition still be Windows 8.1 or would it then be Windows 10 ?  If not 8.1 and it is  possible, then what would be the best way to make a good backup copy of the OS I am running now, (currently 8.1 Pro) ?  Or, would this not be possible?  I'm just trying to get a foothold on my options ahead of time, if you have any insight on this I would love to hear it.  TY,    and by the way  "Have a Great Day"  Cool
Yes you can rollback through Update and Recovery and then click Go back to a previous version of Windows

[attachment=267]
(06-02-2015, 12:34 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can rollback through Update and Recovery and then click Go back to a previous version of Windows

TY Brian, so then the 8.1 recovery will NOT be replaced by the Windows 10 install ??
You just use the rollback and your key will work.
I would make a clone of the operating system add HDD before upgrading to windows 10

because things can go wrong
Quote:however I am going to do more research before I actually install it
You may not have a choice as it will be a silent install once it's released.