Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Warning Scammers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
this a warning for everyone, I got off very lucky today, it's only lucky I have experience and spotted the
scammers.

I downloaded and paid for a legit software from Remo Outlook migrate & backup

it didn't work properly and I logged in to the help and got a ticket

later I was sent an Email to click here and downloaded some desktop control software  ( that is just bolded not the link )

it was then suddenly after putting in the code they took control, but it seemed strange they were messing around and opened note pad typing and asked for my phone number I still thought it was Remo but soon realized they were Indian Scammers.

they nearly caught me with the syskey trick but lucky I pulled the ethernet out before they enabled it

I got caught so it can happen to anyone.

My question is how can one protect from syskey scam for the future can it be removed / disabled ?? btw where is spell checker ?
my spelling is  embarrassing   :-)

Thank you I have a red face but got away with it I want to help others avoid getting scammed     Blush

tmy
You're saying Remo Outlook Migrate & Backup is a scam company?

Quote:Established in 2011, Remo Software is an India-based privately held company with over 30+ different apps for Windows, 

https://www.remosoftware.com/about-us

I will take a look at this software.
(05-28-2015, 10:27 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]You're saying Remo Outlook Migrate & Backup is a scam company?

Quote:Established in 2011, Remo Software is an India-based privately held company with over 30+ different apps for Windows, 

NO nO NO Brian they are cool I have no clue could have been coincedence I was remoting with them and then all of a sudden the Pakies came on very odd

tmy

(05-28-2015, 11:39 AM)tmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2015, 10:27 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]You're saying Remo Outlook Migrate & Backup is a scam company?

NO nO NO Brian they are cool I have no clue could have been coincedence I was remoting with them and then all of a sudden the Pakies came on very odd

tmy

They are fine Brian no problem somehow it got interfeared with they ( Remo ) even said it got disconnected

some how the Email link from them ( Remo ) downloaded a bit of software called 'Ammyy LLC' software

Remo are working hard right now to fix the emails up

tmy
I have been on with Remo for a long period and they apologized for the incident today

the company I metioned earlier was having problems but i almost paid a heavy price very very close
thing today very close

thank you for taking time to read this

And please Remo are a great company worked hard tonight to help me out

tmy
I have seen that "Ammyy" before on computers that have been compromised. Customers who have allowed "microsoft" to remote into their computer.
[attachment=259]Hi everyone,
just so no one thinks I'm thick or whatever I post part of a conversation with Remo tonight
the fact is they were hacked or compromised. See the image of the apology

I was very lucky I was up all night and was off guard

please always be very very watchful and ready to disconect from a remote in

tmy
Yeah there is a lot of scammers about, got to be careful.
(05-28-2015, 04:29 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah there is a lot of scammers about, got to be careful.

Hi Brian,
with this syskey scam I would like to know how best to prevent being scammed ?

Is it best to set up the syskey first so that if a pakie or Indian scammer trys to set the key he or she
won't be able because they don't know the key you set ?

I think either disable the syskey function or set it yourself BEFORE any scammer gets chance to
lock you out

thank you

tmy