Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Transfer outlook data to a new pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
my question is :

How can I transfer my old .pst files to a new Outlook set up and maintain the ability to have the program auto insert my contacts Email address as I type the first few letters of an Email address or contact

Also is it possible to mirror the Outlook install so as to avoid the Imported folders situation ? Lastly is there a method of transferring the account settings so that it doesn't need to re configured for example smtp and pop settings

Thank you

tmy
A simple way: 
  • Install Office on new machine.
  • Click File tab and select Open & Export > Import/Export.
  • Import and Export wizard will open, select Import from another program or file. 
  • Import Outlook Data File will open, click the Browse button and select the old .pst file
  • Import Outlook Data File To import everything leave as Default and click Finish.
Or you can use third party tool like this Migrate Outlook Software
Hi Brian,
thank you for that I will give it a go. Is there anyway to save the the old settings ? I mean the server settings and smtp etc from the app data area. Lastly will the auto insert facility work when typing the first few letters of a contact ?

Many thanks

tmy
That software copy's everything.

Features

• Simple one click backup option to save all your Outlook emails and settings
  • Option to create and associate unlimited number of backup profiles
  • Provides a complete list of all Outlook items to choose and save
  • Secure your back up archives by protecting them using a password
  • Built-in scheduler helps to backup Outlook data automatically as per the scheduled time or event
  • backup archives using various compression levels to save disk space
  • Split and save backup archives to match the storage capacity of the respective destination location/storage media
  • Restore option helps you to restore Outlook data when there is a corruption to the existing Outlook profile
  • Creates four restore points to get back to previous Outlook state
  • Easily migrate your older version of Outlook (emails and other attributes) to a newer version or migrate your Outlook (emails and other attributes) from one Operating system to another
  • Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
$39.00
(05-25-2015, 03:11 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]That software copy's everything.

Features

• Simple one click backup option to save all your Outlook emails and settings
  • Option to create and associate unlimited number of backup profiles
  • Provides a complete list of all Outlook items to choose and save
  • Secure your back up archives by protecting them using a password
  • Built-in scheduler helps to backup Outlook data automatically as per the scheduled time or event
  • backup archives using various compression levels to save disk space
  • Split and save backup archives to match the storage capacity of the respective destination location/storage media
  • Restore option helps you to restore Outlook data when there is a corruption to the existing Outlook profile
  • Creates four restore points to get back to previous Outlook state
  • Easily migrate your older version of Outlook (emails and other attributes) to a newer version or migrate your Outlook (emails and other attributes) from one Operating system to another
  • Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
$39.00

Hi Brian,
thank you I like the sound of that software just one big problem can it work even if your old drive can't boot ?

Old drive is explorable but not able to boot. I hope there is a option

Many thanks

tmy
You could create a portable app of that program Cameyo