Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Photo Rec / Test Disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
saw a video on data recovery. I got the photo rec to find and load recovered files to folders numbered all the way up to over 100. I see xml files and doc and pdf files but none will open. Is there a secret to opening recovered file. If this is not the right area to post please let me know where. I have to get these files open for a customer.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd
what the error you are getting when trying to open file?

also what program are opening the files with
excel files and word files and PDF's I have tried opening them with office 2007 and Adobe reader which is what they were saved from...I am going to try on a different computer today. the file says xml, or word doc, but when I click them on to open the word goes into weird code jibberish and the excel goes to a "html" webcode page like...hard to explain...I can send some screen shots ?
its sounds like the files are corrupted
You can post screen shots on forum.
can
(05-06-2015, 03:03 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]its sounds like  the files are corrupted

anything can be done?
maybe you can try booting a Linux operating system and see if you can get it open
that is a good idea
Photo Rec!!!, I am Rec Lol According to this I am a Photo rec Big Grin, so many great titles for me today LOL Big Grin
rec its very nice of you to point that out but it have nothing to do with this topic

thread closed