Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: VirtualBox guests very slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, i use VirtualBox on my laptop with 4 GB RAM,Celeron N2820 2.13 GHz,Windows 8.1 Pro x64,500GB HDD. I allocate for Windows 7 1768 MB RAM and even with GA installed is very slow Sad Everytime i open explorer it gives me lag,but on Workstation performance is way faster,and vmware is not free. So Brian and others,how can i fix that problem ? Thanks in advance Smile
You are allocating 1768 MB RAM, that's nearly half your ram, also you have Celeron processor. That could be your problem, your asking a lot with that setup.
  • Celeron N2820 2.13 GHz
  • 4 GB RAM

if you want to run virtual-box think about updating your memory and cpu
I used same setup on Vmware Workstation and performance is great,but with VirtualBox is pretty slow. I chose to be vmdk for Windows 7 but lag still persists. I use a laptop and i don't have money for parts,so i guess i will stop using VBox..
ok laptop are under power when you get some money a desktop would be better for virtualization

laptops are not really upgrade able only the memory and the hard drive is
Thanks, this is so much helpful for me Smile
anytime you are ready to buy just tell us we will help you pick a destop
You should still be able to run Win8.1 on 4GB Ram as long as your system will support PAE ( Physical Address Extension ). Check in the BIOS to see if it's enabled.
just make your laptop is not too getting too hot

when doing virtualization you should monitor your temperature with  speccy
Also don't forget to enable PAE ( Physical Address Extension ) in virtualbox

[attachment=199]
Pages: 1 2