Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: The Good, The Bad, & The Windows Updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I was in search of some info. I recently reformatted my PC from 7 Ultimate to 8.1, in configuring the settings we opted to install windows updates manually rather than automatically because that seemed to be where a lot of my trouble was coming from. The guy who helped me with the reformat said there were good updates and bad ones that cause trouble ( I agree, been a participant in a few). Whether having them done automatically or checking on them manually I'm still cautious about installing any of them. Is there a legitimate source of being able to check them out before installing?
are you installing optional updates

I still a away from Optional updates just important updates
No not installing optionals, just important & criticals.
Not sure what you mean by bad Windows updates. Just slipstream all your updates and you wont need to update.
I'm not exactly sure on what he meant by bad updates either, I do know I have installed some in the past that caused programs and other functions to go haywire. And I do apologize for being a bit "green" on some things but could you explain the slipstream process a little more please.
Check my youtube channel, done a number of videos on slipstreaming.
Ok Thank You.