Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Regarding Changing Mobo w/o Fresh Win Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I watching Britec's video on "Change Motherboard Without Fresh Install of Windows", I recently wanted to upgrade my current motherboard and cpu. In addition to that, I did not want to go through a fresh install of Windows again...

Following what Britec did by going into Control Panel -> Uninstall or Change Programs, I can't seem to find anything that's related to my current motherboard in there. What do I do, is this possible?

So then the next step was go into Device manager.

Watching the video a pop up saying "Remove all chipset drivers, video card drivers, sound card drivers, usb drivers, ide & atapi serial controllers and basically any drivers that could conflict with new hardware.

Do I go ahead and delete everything that he opens in the device manager that goes under that category? Would the uninstallation of of the USB controllers, Storage controllers, Network adaptors, IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers be enough? Or is there more?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Main questions are underlined for easy viewing.
I would remove

Audio driver driver

chipset driver

Display Driver

Ethernet driver
Like compton  said remove anything from previous motherboard and anything that will conflict, don't worry if you uninstall something you want to keep because you can always re-install that program. 

I will be doing another video soon which will be even easier.