Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite wont boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120 was working fine but was runnimg a bit slow so I attempted a Factory Reset and halfway through it, it stopped and said "There was a problem resetting your computer" and then it tries to boot says "Preparing Automatic Repairs" for a moment and then takes me to a blue options screen. The options on said screen are, "Continue to Windows 8.1", "Use a device", "Troubleshoot", and "Turn off PC". Ive had the computer less than a year.
Thanks ahead of time for all your help.
Where does it stand now? Can you continue to 8.1?
did you try running the factory rest again?

you should try running the factory rest again
I try to continue and it goes to the Toshiba screen and says "Preparing Automatic Repairs" and then the screen goes black and then back to the blue options screen.

I tried running it again it still wont complete

I'm currently trying the reset again
it looks like your recovery partition got corrupted I would contact Toshiba to see if you can get a recovery disc
There is an option to erase data partitions, and a second one that says Delete and Overwrite data partitions

But I wasnt sure enough to mess with it
were did you get that option are you running the factory rest now ?
Its in the "Troubleshoot" section
none of those option would fix the problem the rectory partition got corrupted contact Toshiba to see if you can get a recovery disc
Ok will do

I appreciate your help, what particularly should I ask for? Like is there a certain name
Pages: 1 2 3