Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: WINDOWS KEEPS RESETTING MY APPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Been away for long, so now that Windows 10 Pro is attracting a lot of attention, there is one burning question I would like to ask:
How can I stop Windows re-setting my apps?  As an example, I use VLC and it is always reset to Groove etc. etc.

Another question is:  Do I need Internet Explorer to run on the system???  If not what is the best way to disable it, please?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks to all.
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
(11-14-2018, 04:40 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
4. Reboot and test.

Thank you for that, but I fail to see what sfc /scannow has to do with Windows resetting my apps, nor whether I should use IE.....or am I missing something?

Cheers

(11-14-2018, 05:01 PM)WinXPto10 Wrote: [ -> ]Prevent Windows 10 from resetting your default apps

(11-15-2018, 09:45 AM)nospmas1939 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2018, 04:40 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]Perform SFC scan

4. Reboot and test.

Thank you for that, but I fail to see what sfc /scannow has to do with Windows resetting my apps, nor whether I should use IE.....or am I missing something?

Cheers

(11-14-2018, 05:01 PM)WinXPto10 Wrote: [ -> ]Prevent Windows 10 from resetting your default apps
i would not use Internet Explorer
the reason is that Windows 10 could corruption which cause problem