Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: In bios what setting should be put for my gpu card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The gpu is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE that is built into the motherboard. in the bios there's 3 options to choose from which are

Onboard
Pci
Pci express
Use the Onboard option if you have integrated graphics.
(07-29-2018, 03:35 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Onboard option if you have integrated graphics.

I tried that but windows locked up on me i wonder if it was because i have an ide power supply and im using a 4pin molex adapter to connect a sata hard drive to my system (the computer has a sata port on the mobo)
(07-29-2018, 04:55 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2018, 03:35 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Onboard option if you have integrated graphics.

I tried that but windows locked up on me i wonder if it was because i have an ide power supply and im using a 4pin molex adapter to connect a sata hard drive to my system (the computer has a sata port on the mobo)

Does the computer work ok with any other graphics settings?
It seems like anything but onboard works which is weird because the gpu in on the mobo not a pci e slot
Try these until resolved

Clear CMOS.
Reset BIOS Settings.
Flash to latest BIOS.
(07-31-2018, 02:40 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Try these until resolved

Clear CMOS.
Reset BIOS Settings.
Flash to latest BIOS.

How would i find the file for the bios when hp doesn't support the model? Hp Compaq Presario Media Center SR2030NX
Im sorry britec i totally mis understood your answer due to my brain not clicking in like it should of.

Im sorry timster. Onboard worked like a charm it was something to do with the controller of the hd.

So anytime a gpu is a chip built into the motherboard the correct setting will be nothing other than onboard for the setting of the gpu in the bios?