Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: System restore not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So...

My pretty good system went slow after the windows update and I couldn't stream and my fps was 2 times lower than normal, my games started taking up more cpu and memory, my pc crashed when I uploaded a file. So I chose to start a system restore. I did the system restore and it sent me this error:

System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. An unspecified error occurred while the system restore. 0x80070005

It also said that it might be a problem with your antivirus, temporarily disable that, which I did. I did the restore again and the same message came up. Please help.

Best wishes,
Emerald tip
There is a good chance your system restore point is corrupt. Do you have any other restore points to try?
What is the health of your drive?
Try running cmd as admin and run chkdsk /f /r and see if sytem restore will complete.
You can also check these.
  • Make sure Volumes Shadow Copy (VSS) service is running.
  • Run sfc/scannow in command prompt. 
When I had this problem it was virus protection that caused the error. I was not just turning off anti virus. I needed to did a bit deeper in anti virus to turn off protection from viruses turning off anti virus. I was using Avast, which no longer causes this error so I no long need to turn off anti virus.
Closed due to no response